“yes - tacooooos!”

Sugar Skull Cantina
Ranked #30 of 264 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Description: Located at 83 Water St. Sugar Skull Cantina is a Taco and Tequila bar offering 9 different Tacos and 9 different margaritas to choose from!
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Yes, Yes!

Great tacos, fair price. kind of a come as you are patio bar. grab a seat, and grab some sun. --- I've pretty much had all of their tacos, nothing disappointing here.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This little gem right downtown Charlottetown is amazing. The menu is simple- tacos and margaritas. It has big harvest style picnic tables that you can share with other patrons and meet a new friend or two while enjoying the sunshine and people watching downtown

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I love Mexican street food, and I'm usually disappointed when I come across versions of it in the Maritimes. But the tacos I had here were not only excellent, but even inventive. I had a squash taco (normally I don't like sweet squash in anything Mexican) and it was the best quick meal I had all summer.

Atmosphere is basically picnic tables/long tables with benches, loads of young people, very loud, etc... If you're fine with that, great.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are taco LOVERS - and Sugar Skull did not disappoint. Between the two of us we sampled the chicken, pork belly, chorizo and candied yam. These tacos were so packed full of flavour, every bite was delicious. And the street corn was to die for!! The yummiest thing I have eaten in a long time. Well done! :)

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

If you are a patio person like myself then this is the spot for you! We went on a Tuesday evening, there were a few other diners but not crowded. There was a sign advising the tables (picnic tables painted in funky colours) were communal, so I imagine if it was busier this might have been the case but we found a table to ourselves without issue.

The menu is creative but uncomplicated with a few starters, tacos for mains and then a few dessert options. The different options for margaritas were also creative.

Our waiter let us know that the lobster tacos were the best bang for our buck due to a special that night, so we opted for 3 lobster tacos. They were exceptional and filling to split between two. I would have liked to also have tried the duck taco based on the ingredients, it sounds yummy. We also had the watermelon & jalapeño margarita and it was delicious.