“Loved it so much we went there two nights in a row!”

Water Prince Corner Shop and Lobster Pound
Ranked #14 of 282 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Great seafood! If you are looking for fresh oysters, mussels, clams or lobsters, this is your place. Very casual and a lovely local atmosphere. Highly recommend and make sure you make a reservation!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,322)

Reviewed November 13, 2017

My husband and I visited the Water Prince Corner Shop & Lobster Pound while in Charlottetown P.E.I. for the day (September 27, 2017). Our cruise ship, Holland America’s Rotterdam, had this lovely town as one of their ports-of-call. We stopped for a late-lunch & were treated to the best seafood meal we have had in a very long time. Our order consisted of a bowl of Seafood Chowder & a Lobster Roll with a side of homemade Potato Salad. The food was so yummy! The waitresses we chatted with were very friendly & they made us feel so welcomed. If the Water Prince Lobster Pound would ship to the USA, we would be ordering their Seafood Chowder for sure, but unfortunately they don’t ship to our area. If you are in Charlottetown, P.E.I., please stop at this fine restaurant & have a meal – you won’t be disappointed. I so want a bowl of that chowder right now! We are from Southeastern Wisconsin & we just don’t get chowder like that back home. Cheers & best wishes to the staff of the Water Prince Corner Shop & Lobster Pound.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

This is a must for seafood lovers when in PEI. Its a tiny restaurant with loads of atmosphere and tons of regular patrons so make a reservation. The lobster dinner was one of the best I’ve ever had even though we visited in the off season. Extremely friendly staff who provided perfect service. Diana was our server and she even helped with the baby in our entourage. What a perfect way to finish a visit to PEI.

2  Thank Renegade52
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Yesterday I noticed they were still open for the season,so I decided to get a meal.I had the fish and chips with halibut and it was one of the best.I highly recommend this meal.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

We had possibly the best meal of our Canadian Maritimes tour in this small, modest eatery at the corner of, yes, Water and Prince streets, very near the waterfront. We were lucky to get a reservation since this place was packed, with a number of potential customers having to be turned away. I had the Water Prince Platter consisting of 1/2 lobster, mussels, scallops, potato salad. Others had the same thing and one had the whole lobster. While there I checked my Facebook and saw a friend had said the area was great for Malpeque oysters, so I ordered a half dozen. They were simply the best oysters I have ever had. Firm, salty, tasting of the sea! I highly recommend this place but try to get reservations.

1  Thank RonaldGHanks
waterprince, Owner at Water Prince Corner Shop and Lobster Pound, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Thank you!