Water Prince Corner Shop and Lobster Pound
Ranked #14 of 282 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Loved my scallops. The tartar sauce was tasty but the scallops didn't need it at all. Loved how fresh it all was. Very friendly staff. We got lucky to just walk in and get a table. It's quite busy. A reservation is probably a good idea.

waterprince, Owner at Water Prince Corner Shop and Lobster Pound, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I am not much of a seafood lover, but my husband is. And so I decided that if I was going to indulge, then it should be on this, our first trip to PEI together!

The Water Prince Corner Shop was recommended to us but the concierge told us that we couldn’t get seats but we decided to go down and try our luck at a restaurant. After all, gotta eat at a place where you can’t get seats on a lazy Monday evening!

All I can say is wow.! Water Prince Corner Shop knows how to cook seafood. Absolutely delicious! We ate there two nights in a row and each entree was just as good as the next. The seafood chowder is ‘to die for’! It comes in a small cup (small appetizer) or the heartier bowl. Either way, the servings are accompanied by these delectable little hot breads, yummy!

I was less adventurous sticking with fish cakes and salad one night and fish and chips the other. On the second night, however, my husband tried the halibut which is a lightly grilled but thick piece of yummy! Even I had to try a piece of it and wow...it was so delicious. My fish cakes came with this lovely pickled relish dip. I don’t even know what it’s called, but it pairs beautifully with the nice flaky fish cakes.

So much nostalgia in this place and super friendly wait staff. They also sell seafood by the pound directly to the customer and so you can see that this store (which has been open for 27 years) is also a local favourite.

Kudos to you Water Prince Corner Shop - this one’s a keeper! And worth the wait in line!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This place was highly recommended to me by several folks and it definitely lived up to the expectations. The seafood chowder was outstanding as was the lobster roll. Easily among the best seafood in Charlottetown in a very causal environment. Well worth a visit, but best to make a reservation.

Thanks!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We arrived rather late but they accepted to give us a table. The waitresses were very kind, very helpful. As we were hesitating on the wine choice she suggested to try them before going for the bottle. The lobsters and scallops were great. It’s a simple place but the eclectic decor is very nice. We really enjoyed our dinner!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

We did not eat there. We went to buy fresh seafood and they had all the local catches that you would expect. All were fresh, and competitively priced. We bought halibut and scallops, which cooked up wonderfully.