“We can all get down with Leonhard's!”

Leonhard's Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 272 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: European, German, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

First, beautiful atmosphere. Second, very reasonable prices. Third, (but really what will bring you back over and over) fresh and tasty eats. I could go on and on about the great service, fresh bread and meats, and even the fact I didn't get cold although sitting right across from the front door, but I want to still be able to get a seat when I want lunch.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Husband and I met up with a friend for lunch. Friend and I had met here several months ago for a coffee and cosy chat and I'm very happy to say that my second visit was every bit as pleasant as the first. This restaurant/cafe has a wonderful European feel to it - a comfortable blend of sofas/coffee tables, more formal table seating and some bar stool seating. The staff give a warm welcome and are helpful servers. I had the lunch special of ciabatta with melted brie and leafy side salad. My husband had the smoked salmon bagel (also with leafy side salad) and our friend had the country farmers' vegetable casserole. All excellent. And to be really decadent - we finished up with delicious cream horns - definitely they have pastries to die for. Certainly looking forward to my next visit. (And the ladies' washroom is very clean and well appointed, love wallpaper!)

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

My daughter’s GF recommended this place for breaky but we ended up for lunch. My soup was great. Sweet place to go. Thinking I’d go for breakfast next time.

Reviewed November 1, 2017

No wonder this place is such a busy lunch spot. The atmosphere and staff are welcoming and the food is spot-on for brunch, lunch and afternoon tea. It's location which just a couple of blocks from the Confederation Center, is surprising but there is an entrance to the Confederation Mall across Great George St. Over two visits I enjoyed the food and conversation with good friends.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We're from Ontario and this is the second year that we've done an extended trip around the east coast (approx 3 weeks in QC, NB, NS, PEI). We have eaten at all sorts of different breakfast/brunch/lunch places and this is still the best breakfast cafe I've ever been to.
They serve many of their dishes with a mixed greens salad with a mustard vinaigrette, including the eggs benedict which goes surprisingly well with it! The food is delicious, the Lady Baker Tea is purchased locally from the farmers market and all of their ingredients are fresh.
I will never go anywhere else for breakfast while on the island!
Expect to wait in line for a short while as it is often busy, but sometimes you get lucky with a table right away. Great service too!

1  Thank Stephanie G