“Convention center” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Nova Scotia
“Convention center”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Hi, I shared this room with my brother in law and our 2 boys for a hockey tournament. The room is a nice size and the tv was good. The room was vacumed and clean except for black stuff on the ceiling. The ceiling also required repairs to the gyproc.

The elevator was out of order all weekend. The security door was broken but it's not like you don't feel safe in PEI.

Breakfast was typical toast cereal coffee juice items.

Overall if you're happy with the price it's an ok place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Good Morning,
I thank the guest for taking the time to comment on his/her stay at our hotel.
Please allow me to apologize for the non functioning elevator. Although the building is only two stories high, I fully recognize that this was still an inconvenience to you. We are awaiting specific parts to be shipped to the island for the repair of the elevator. I am pleased to read that this inconvenience did not prevent you from enjoying your stay at our property and I plan to share your observations with the hotel team.
I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel on your futire visit to our city.
Walter van Beek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Hotel is in a good location for walking around visiting the sites of Charlottetown. Good facilities for washing and dry cleaning. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gazza53255060
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
My name is Walter van Beek, the General Manager of the hotel.
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to comment on his/her stay with us and I will ensure that your positive experience at the Best Western Charlottetown is shared with the team.
We look forward to hosting you on future visits to our beautiful island.
Thank you.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Although this hotel has some great features I was left disappointed.
1. We booked as a group - the group rate wasn't much of a discount from market price.
2. Did not feel welcome as a group. We had to sign an additional agreement as a way to discourage misbehaviour of our kids.
3. Some of our group were placed separate from most in an area of the hotel with a group of rude people. Our complaints went unanswered.
4. Keys are a problem. We, too were given advice on keeping from cell phones, etc which I did. Key problems persisted. I became fed up with being blamed for their obvious problem.
5. Pool very over-chlorinated. Seven of our kids ended up with chlorine burns.
6. Interesting layout with parts of the hotel on opposite sides of the street. Could be marked a bit better as it is unique.
7. Clean.
8. Nice decor
9. Microwave & fridge cost extra.
10. Billing inquiries unanswered
11. Fitness centre good
12. Breakfast fine
13. Kids liked the arcade
I liked the hotel itself but didn't get a sense we were an inconvenience to some staff. They were pleasant enough but didn't seem equipped to respond to issues.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
My name is Walter van Beek, General Manager of the hotel.
I appreciate receiving the feedback that this guest provided to us. We can always improve our overall product and service although I am happy to read that many aspects of your stay were enjoyable.
My team and I will carefully review your comments and address those areas that can be further improved.
It is correct that we discuss our quiet policy of the hotel with group visits and this is confirmed in writing. It is always a delicate procedure and I hope that we explained our reasons for this with you on check in. We truly go out of our way to protect the peace and quiet of the night time hours of all our guests and we have learned from past experience that the best way to convey this to all arriving guests on these busy days is that we have certain hotel rules that we ask all to respect.
I hope we did not offend you in any way during this process.
We look forward to your future visits to Charlottetown.
Thank you.
Souris, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

I live on PEI but this winter my boyfriend and I decided to stay in Charlottetown for the evening. I was very pleased by the Best Western. The pool is very nice however they are doing some new renos so there is no longer a hot tub and no sauna. The room was very clean and the workers were all very friendly. It is in a very good location for downtown Charlottetown. Only a few minutes away from the mall and the Confederation Center. One of my faves on the Island for sure !

Room Tip: The kingsize beds are very comfy ! Spend the extra money for a kingsize then two doubles if you can!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank peigirl2011
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
It was a pleasure to read this guest comment.
We welcome island guests, especially at this festive time of the year, with great enthusiasm.
I am pleased to hear that our hotel team looked after your needs and that you enjoyed our recent upgrades to the hotel, including new beds and bedding throughout the property.
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us and fellow travelers.
I hope that we can welcome you back to our property in the not too distant future.
North Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I have been travelling to PEI for 14yrs on a monthly visit to work and have stayed at many Hotels, Best Western Charlottetown is a clean, spacious, great suites, free continental breakfast, indoor pool, gym...etc...perfectly located to downtown, waliking distance to many pubs, restaurants, shopping, waterfront, the staff are excellent to deal with, take great pride in there positions and are alwyas friendly, I would highly recommend this property....

Room Tip: Suites are excellent....
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank rdivey1
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 22 December 2011
I truly appreciate receiving this great review from the guest.
My team has worked extremely hard in refurbishing this property to bring it up to Three Diamond status.
The guest rooms have been completely renovated with new beds, carpeting, wall vinyl, granite countertop bathrooms, flat screen television etc.
We have opened a new breakfast room and all fitness equipment has been updated.
I look forward to sharing your observations with all hotel associates.
Thank you and we look forward to hosting you at our property in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

On November 10th, 2011 I had the opportunity to stay at the Best Western in Charlottetown, PEI. In my role as General Manager for my business , I had planned to meet with our entire service team in PEI while I was there. The Best Western hotel management was kind enough to provide me with a room large enough to accommdate both my overnight stay as well as my meeting requirements. This is a beautiful hotel and I found all the staff to be very courteous and professional. I plan to stay there again whether it be a business or a personal/family trip to PEI.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank andy h
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
I thank this guest for sharing his/her comments with us. It is truly rewarding to see that you enjoyed your stay at our property. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team at the hotel.
We have just concluded a substantial upgrading of the hotel and we are receiving very positive comments on the new product.
I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit with us again on your next journey to our beautiful island.
Dieppe, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed two weeks ago beautiful large spacious room with new controls for heating and cooling. I enjoying staying at this property in my business and personnal travels.

Room Tip: Beautiful Suite Rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Jacques L
charboneau, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Charlottetown, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Good Morning,
I would like to thank the guest for taking the time to comment on his/her stay.
We have very recently completed a full refurbishment of the hotel including a complete new interior package in the guest rooms. It is most rewarding to see that our friendly service combined with the new guest room experience made their stay an enjoyable one.