Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$123
Hotels.comUS$123
PricelineUS$86
eDreamsUS$86
Trip.comUS$129
FindHotelUS$124
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 8, 2020

The Dundee Arms Inn is a delightful boutique hotel in old Charlottetown. They also have an excellent restaurant where you are pampered and the atmosphere is relaxing. The food very good, today I had Eggs Benedict with Lobster! Wow! what a great treat it was. Everything comes well presented, tables have white table cloth, plates are hot when put in front of you. Attention to details and excellent quality for value. Highly recommend this civilized hotel.

Date of stay: March 2020
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2020

Dear UnforgettableRome,

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on your brunch. We have a very popular brunch every Saturday and Sunday. Thank you for your visit with us and we look forward to your visits in the future.

Have a great week.

Reviewed February 19, 2020

My SO and I spent two lovely nights in one of the suites here at the inn. We both live somewhat close by, but wanted to have a mini-vacation while in the throes of school. This place was recommended to me by my parents, who come here when they need a break from work and care taking.
The first thing I noticed was that the room was immaculately clean. I've worked as a housekeeper before, and I was astounded, I couldn't find any dust, a single smear on a window.
The bed was soft and very easy to sleep in; from the bed, we had a view of the church from across the street.
We had some issues with the television, but the staff tended to the problem immediately, and it was fixed quickly.
We had a suite, so the room also had a fireplace and a double Jacuzzi (also amazingly clean, and they are difficult to get 100% spotless). The Jacuzzi was immensely relaxing- definitely the highlight of the room, in my opinion. Water pressure from the sinks were a little low, but not enough to be too disruptive.
We had taken one of the packages, so we got a 50$ gift certificate to their dining room per night. We were staying during Islander Day, and the dining room wasn't set to be open that day (we weren't notified in advance, only when checking in), so we decided to splurge for food. I enjoyed some delicious salmon and gnocchi, while my SO got the steak- the best steak he's had in years. All the vegetables were perfect, and the beet puree on the plate was one of my favourite parts of the meal. The dessert was fiercely tempting and we caved, and each got a dessert, both of which were immensely delicious. The waiter (and food) was prompt, and the waiter was always smiling.
The breakfast was a bit of a letdown, but that was mostly in our own heads. The package on the website said a deluxe continental, but my parents (who had this exact package a few weeks ago) had said their breakfast was full-service, and my SO was looking forward to eggs benedict. Again, the website did say it was a continental breakfast, so overall I'm not upset- it's an internal upset, not the fault of the Dundee Arms. Their continental breakfast consisted of a fruit salad (which was very fresh and delicious), some baked goods, toast, cold cereals, yogurt, and eggs that could be soft or hard boiled. It may have been nice for there to be some breakfast meats available.
All my complaints are very small and did not whatsoever tarnish my experience, which was wondrously relaxing, just what I was looking for.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank choycec
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2020

Dear Sweet Getaway, Thank you so much for the lovely comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and got some time for relaxation. I will make sure all of the staff see your comments.Our weekend package includes the free brunch which is when you parents must have stayed. Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to a return visit qwith us in the future.

Have a great weekend.

Reviewed October 22, 2019

The best thing about Dundee Arms is the location; quiet, near the lovely beach walk, yet convenient to all the downtown attractions, restaurants, etc. Parking is provided, a plus. The room was small,. with very little closet/bureau space. The restaurant had a limited menu, and the food was quite oprdinary. I had a mess of hair in my eggs one morning and kinda got the "really?" look when I pointed it out. To top it off, the rates (September) were very high, even with a 75 cent Canadian dollar. I expected much better.

Room tip: Make sure you stay in the Inn and not the "annex" whatever that is.
Date of stay: September 2019
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2019

Thank you Jim for the positive review on our location and the free parking. I would have been more than happy to move you to a bigger room if I had of known that you needed more space. The rates in PEI do not go into low season until October 1st. Our menus offer many choices for breakfast lunch and dinner. I am not sure which menu you were browsing.

Thank you for your comments and have a great season.

Reviewed September 2, 2019

Charming Inn close to center of Charlottetown. Easy walking distance to restaurants and other attractions. The on-site restaurant is pretty good and offers both indoor and outdoor seating. Our room was pretty, clean, and nicely appointed.

Date of stay: August 2019
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Thank you Mitzi for the lovely review. We are happy to have you as a guest of the Inn. Enjoy the remainder of your vacation and we hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed August 9, 2019

We have eaten at the Dundee Arms for years and thought we could rely on it for a great meal, but we were sorely disappointed this time. I had been looking forward to lobster eggs benedict all week, but I wish now that we had found another restaurant. The eggs were served with breakfast potatoes that were an insult to PEI's potato industry. They were so overdone as to be inedible. The eggs benedict had so little hollandaise sauce that I felt it necessary to ask for some more, which the waiter brought for an extra $2.00. And since live lobsters can be bought for $5,00/pound at the market, wou would think that they could spare at least a claw or two, but all my meal had was a few crumbles of lobster. My husband didn't fare much better. His pancakes were overdone and real maple syrup was an additional charge. And who wants to eat their miniscule slice or crunchy hard watermelon?

Date of stay: August 2019
Pat S, General Manager at Dundee Arms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for always patronizing our restaurant during your visit to PEI .I am sorry to read about your experience with your meal recently. Our eggs Benedict are one of the most popular items on our lunch/brunch menu and we always get raving reviews on our food, so, I am unsure what transpired during your visit . Can you please email me at manager@dundeearmspei.com

Thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.