Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
View deal
Booking.comUS$98
Hotels.comUS$97
FindHotelUS$97
All reviews main building choice hotels the complimentary hot breakfast front desk staff no elevator king room beds were very comfortable yogurt cookies downtown pei kitchenette homes supper
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2021 via mobile

I’m thé type of person that prefers don’t write anything before write a bad review for a business because I do understanding how hard can be for business to build and keep a good reputation but I’m writing to prevent others clients about this.
Yesterday after 4 hours driving, we arrived to this hotel after 9:00 pm and the guy in the reception (Mike) told sus that Booking.com cancelled our reservation (3 nights) and that unfortunately they just have one room for one night, that btw was $50.00 more expensive that the price we booked.

The guy mentioned that doesn’t worth call Booking.com because recently they do not answer the phone during the weekends and that all those companies like Booking.com recently were offering bad service: cancelling reservations, not answering the phones, over selling rooms etc ( I want to clarify that my experience with Booking.com was great)

So instead take the only room that Mike offered me, I decided call other places around.
In the app the Booking.com almost everything look sold out because is a long weekend.
I call directly the comfort inn hotel and they did have one room available, so I decided to go in person to the Comfort Inn, that I think is the same business franchise (choice privilege consortium) we made our reservation, just preventing that I loose the few options of disposability around.
Once I was in my room, we decided to call Booking.com to find out what was the problem and the lady from Booking.com was very friendly and said that will call to the quality inn hotel because Booking.com never cancelled my reservation, she called me back to said that my reservation still available that maybe was a miss understanding but confirmed that we were in the right hotel that we booked because there are two quality inn hotels in Charlottetown,
Anyways at that time we were already installed in the comfort inn and we’re tired we decided to don’t go back to the quality inn.
By the way, at the reception at comfort inn that we are now said that during these days we won’t have housekeeping so we need to make our bed and keep clean the room but the charges us as if they offering the cleaning service, something it’s not right with these hotel franchises.
So if you experienced something like this please call Booking.com , Expedia or whatever other website that you use to book your rooms, they will clarifying and solve the issue.
I guess being a long weekend, the quality inn planned to sell our room in a higher price and that’s why they were trying to not provided me my original reservation. I found that Mime was very pushy trying to sell me one night only in a higher price with only one bed.
My apologies that my English is not perfect, English is my second language.

Room tip: Contact your agency right away if you book your room with a third party as Booking.com Expedia.con, hotel.com etc
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tanya Bevan Ryan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2021

Good morning,
I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. We did not have a reservation under your name. When you book online by a travel agent or booking site it is the policy to call them when you have an issue. As they are getting paid a commission by your booking. Your reservation was booked under a completely different name never given to us. There are 4 hotels on Prince Edward Island under Choice Hotels Canada. With bookings made online by guests reservations are made at different properties in error daily.
I am glad our front desk agent was able to find you another room as most hotels were sold out with it being a long weekend. Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed May 20, 2021

My fiancé and I recently had to make an emergency trip to Prince Edward Island to take our dog to the Atlantic Veterinary College. Upon arrival we booked a room at the Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, where we ended up quarantining for four nights and five days while we waited for our dog to receive treatment at AVC.

Our experience with the hotel was wonderful from the moment we arrived. We explained our situation to the hotel staff and they immediately offered to put us in one of the larger suite rooms so that we would be more comfortable. The room was lovely and spacious, with a full kitchenette, large bathroom and open bedroom area with ample seating, desk space and a television.

Each day we had a choice of four different hot breakfast options, including a 2 egg breakfast with choice of protein, home or pan fries, toast, waffles and fruit, poached eggs and yogurt. The meals were delicious and MORE than enough food for my partner and I. Breakfast was also available until 2:00pm which was lovely.

The staff were so friendly, professional and accommodating, offering to deliver grocery items and such dropped off at the front desk by our family on the island, and any other towels/toiletries that we requested.

Overall, the Quality Inn made our stressful, last-minute trip a very comfortable and enjoyable experience. We will most certainly be back!

Room tip: Talk to the front desk staff to find out which style/location room would work best for your needs!
Date of stay: May 2021
Tanya Bevan Ryan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post a review during this difficult time. Wishing a speedy recovery for your dog. Hoping next time you visit you can enjoy your stay without all the worries.

Reviewed May 1, 2021 via mobile

We have stayed at the Inn many times over the years and the service provided has always been excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and clean and the location can’t be beat. We stayed there again this past weekend and as always, had wonderful service from every employee we met. The complimentary hot breakfast was just the icing on the cake. Wonderful staff and excellent food. We always look forward to staying at the Inn.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tanya Bevan Ryan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2021

We appreciate your continued support! Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. Glad you enjoyed breakfast at our onsite restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2021 via mobile

Fantastic, updated, clean hotel. Great location. Excellent services. Great breakfast. Excellent staff at all contact points. AGM Francie a pleasure to talk to and very tuned in to customer service. Front desk made check in simple.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Tanya Bevan Ryan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2021

Thank you Mike for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed March 11, 2021

We recently booked with the Inn on the Hill for their Girls Night Wine package.
From start to finish the experience was excellent. Since my last stay this property the hotel has undergone updates including modernizing the lobby and restaurant to a classy- elegant feel! Upon check in the agent was friendly and helpful as our room was ready and she allowed us to arrive early:) We were four to a room with lots of space and found the beds were very comfortable.
We ordered apps/supper from the restaurant which was delicious and then ate from the restaurant again before checking out in the morning. Our watiress was friendly and attentive and breakfast was tasty and filling ( great sized potions and the added bonus was it was included with our package!)
All 8 of us enjoyed our stay so much so we are already planning another Girls Night at the Inn!

Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay! We are so happy you enjoyed your Girls Getaway! We look forward to seeing you soon!