Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Doris K
Guelph, Canada

Great Location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 16, 2022
Very comfortable stay at the Quality Inn in Charlottetown. Friendly staff, great central location within walking distance to attractions and restaurants. A really nice feature was the breakfast included with the room (4 choices, served to your table). It was a great choice for our visit to Charlottetown.
Date of stay: July 2022
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Jul 17, 2022
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay! I will pass along your wonderful comments to our team! So glad you enjoyed your breakfast and stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting PEI!
Hotel entrance
    C$146
  • Algotels
3.5 km from Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
View more hotels in Charlottetown
All reviews sutherland house main building full size fridge large suite front desk staff a great stay within walking distance king bed free breakfast would stay here again location is great beds were comfortable cookies yogurt downtown microwave pei
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2022

Booked via choicehotels.com for 143$ per night for 2 nights. Early check in was friendly and efficient, and was provided a few cookies.

Room was located in the Sutherland House behind the hotel. on second floor. Very nice building but if you need an elevator, stay in the main building.

Room had a king bed, LCD TV with decent channel selection, wifi, good view, modern yet cosy feel, good bathroom.

Breakfast is included. You get a choice of 4 breakfast prepared by the restaurant. I had the eggs, sausage, bacon and homefries, very generous. It comes with scrambled but you may ask for over easy (only 1 egg, extra for additonal eggs). Gluten free bread is an option (1 slice).

No gym or pool but they provide day passes to the university facilites (you will need a car).

One warning, if you are returning to YYG by cab, add an extra 30 minutes wait given there is not much cabbies in town.

3  Thank Luc B
Tanya Bevan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2022

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled your enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you the next time your in Charlottetown.

Reviewed June 20, 2022

We started our trip on the Confederation trail by staying the night before here, came back half way through and at the end of the trip. Each time the staff were very helpful and accomodating of our requests. The rooms are large and comfortable , the breakfasts are delicious , The location is perfect for shoppong, dining and the theatre.

Date of stay: June 2022
Tanya Bevan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2022

Hi Kelly,
Thank you for staying with us and posting a such a lovely review of your recent stay. So glad you enjoyed your stay, breakfast and your time on PEI. I will pass along your comments to our team! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2022 via mobile

The Quality Inns are generally a reliable bet for clean basic lodgings. This is what we got. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, staff were friendly, breakfast was ok and the location is good. This is not a 5 star hotel but a good basic hotel. I would stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Tanya Bevan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2022

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed September 5, 2021

Wonderful two night stay in Charlottetown. Check-in was quick and easy. We were assigned a king room in one of two quiet historic exterior buildings which shared the parking lot with the main hotel building. Our room was large, clean , and well equipped with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Breakfast was very good and served to us instead of buffet style. Staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay. The location is excellent, very close to good restaurants and only a 15 minute walk to the waterfront area.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed July 31, 2021 via mobile

I’m thé type of person that prefers don’t write anything before write a bad review for a business because I do understanding how hard can be for business to build and keep a good reputation but I’m writing to prevent others clients about this.
Yesterday after 4 hours driving, we arrived to this hotel after 9:00 pm and the guy in the reception (Mike) told sus that Booking.com cancelled our reservation (3 nights) and that unfortunately they just have one room for one night, that btw was $50.00 more expensive that the price we booked.

The guy mentioned that doesn’t worth call Booking.com because recently they do not answer the phone during the weekends and that all those companies like Booking.com recently were offering bad service: cancelling reservations, not answering the phones, over selling rooms etc ( I want to clarify that my experience with Booking.com was great)

So instead take the only room that Mike offered me, I decided call other places around.
In the app the Booking.com almost everything look sold out because is a long weekend.
I call directly the comfort inn hotel and they did have one room available, so I decided to go in person to the Comfort Inn, that I think is the same business franchise (choice privilege consortium) we made our reservation, just preventing that I loose the few options of disposability around.
Once I was in my room, we decided to call Booking.com to find out what was the problem and the lady from Booking.com was very friendly and said that will call to the quality inn hotel because Booking.com never cancelled my reservation, she called me back to said that my reservation still available that maybe was a miss understanding but confirmed that we were in the right hotel that we booked because there are two quality inn hotels in Charlottetown,
Anyways at that time we were already installed in the comfort inn and we’re tired we decided to don’t go back to the quality inn.
By the way, at the reception at comfort inn that we are now said that during these days we won’t have housekeeping so we need to make our bed and keep clean the room but the charges us as if they offering the cleaning service, something it’s not right with these hotel franchises.
So if you experienced something like this please call Booking.com , Expedia or whatever other website that you use to book your rooms, they will clarifying and solve the issue.
I guess being a long weekend, the quality inn planned to sell our room in a higher price and that’s why they were trying to not provided me my original reservation. I found that Mime was very pushy trying to sell me one night only in a higher price with only one bed.
My apologies that my English is not perfect, English is my second language.

Room tip: Contact your agency right away if you book your room with a third party as Booking.com Expedia.con, hotel.com etc
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Tanya Bevan Ryan, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2021

Good morning,
I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. We did not have a reservation under your name. When you book online by a travel agent or booking site it is the policy to call them when you have an issue. As they are getting paid a commission by your booking. Your reservation was booked under a completely different name never given to us. There are 4 hotels on Prince Edward Island under Choice Hotels Canada. With bookings made online by guests reservations are made at different properties in error daily.
I am glad our front desk agent was able to find you another room as most hotels were sold out with it being a long weekend. Once again I am sorry for the inconvenience.