We've stayed at the Great George for 2 nights as our "Minimoon" and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel!
You walk into the lobby and you discover a world of pleasures. The decoration of the hotel is classic English style and you feel like you are back in the 19 century.
We got the Huges House and loved it! Everything in the room is new and comfortable, the bed is like sleeping on a cloud - we didn't want to wake up. But there's definitely something to wake up for, the breakfast. Amazing breakfast with so many things to choose from! The breakfast is served in the lobby and you get to enjoy the fine food and furniture with complimentary newspapers.
The service is another thing that will definitely make us go back to the great george. The staff is friendly and professional and will do ANYTHING you ask them to. Everyday they go between all the rooms to distribute ice and chocolates. Every day between 5pm and 6pm there's a guest reception, in which the staff serve you free wine and beer. Don't forget the complimentary fresh baked cookies and water all day long.
To sum up, staying at the Great George is not only a good stay - it's an experience of a life time! This is by far the best hotel in Charlottetown and the best I've ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique cluster of fully restored, 4 1/2 star heritage buildings situated within the streetscape splendour of Charlottetown's National Historic District. 50 guest rooms and suites + 4 luxury condos sure to satisfy the senses of the most discriminating traveler. Choose from the 21-room Victorian Pavilion, the intimate five-room Wellington House, family-friendly townhouses business-savvy Stable House or romantic Hideaway Suites. Deluxe rooms featuring fireplace, Jacuzzi or claw-foot tub. Frommers 2004: "One of Charlottetown's very classiest addresses." Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Great George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- Great George Charlottetown
- Great George Hotel Charlottetown
- The Great George Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island