Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$160
Expedia.comUS$160
PricelineUS$160
eDreamsUS$160
Orbitz.comUS$160
TravelocityUS$160
All reviews main building unique hotel walking tour lounge area breakfast is served main inn front desk staff visiting charlottetown spent nights home away from home ian suite pei waterfront accommodations homes charm
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2019

We recommend this hotel for your stay. The staff was super-friendly. The breakfast was excellent. Happy hour included local beer and wine. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom floors heated.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Megan H, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for recommending us to your friends and family. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2019

We traveled through three countries earlier this year and the Great George Hotel was the best hotel we stayed at in the 4 weeks we were away. Very friendly and helpful staff, great location, fantastic rooms. Good breakfast and they even cooked special GF pancakes for my wife each day. Happy Hour what more can i say!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 50aussietraveller63

Wow, what a compliment! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are honoured to be the best of your four week trip! We will be sure to pass along your compliments and in particular extend your gratitude to our breakfast team for preparing the gluten free pancakes - I'm so happy your wife enjoyed them. We hope your world travels will bring you back to The Great George in the future!

Reviewed January 2, 2019

The Great George is a historic, charming collection of buildings located in the heart of downtown Charlottetown. We loved the property and the heated bathroom floors in our room. Staff was accommodating and helpful, especially with the unique parking situation. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Megan H, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Thank you for staying at The Great George, Nathan and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for recommending us and we will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team. We hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 28, 2018

The Great George Hotel is a memorable place to stay while visiting Charlottetown, PEI. The proximity within the heart of the historic district is fantastic, where everything can be accessed on foot, or by one of their complementary bikes. Wonderful restaurants, parks, a farmers market, and a boardwalk waterfront are all within reach. You will likely need, and want, to stay at the Great Gorge Hotel for several days to soak up all there is to see and do in the area.

Don't miss the late afternoon cocktail hour, often with live music. While I was there I saw an incredible performance by a local duo.

My only complaint was that the hardwood floors easily transferred sounds of walking guests from the room above, and that the main house door closes too aggressively, causing a loud bang each time one enters or leaves the building. If you don’t mind walking a couple flights of stairs, I would recommend requesting the top floor unit.

Room tip: Don't miss the late afternoon cocktail hour, often with live music.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Mike S
Megan H, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Thank you Mike for taking the time to share your Great George experience! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you as well for your helpful feedback regarding the door on our most recently added building - we are working on a solution as I type this. We hope you'll visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed November 4, 2018

The Great George is a hotel in downtown Charlottetown. The core building is an older one that has a very pleasant interior.

My room was actually in a separate adjacent building. It was really a full apartment, with a living room, bedroom, dining room / full kitchen with dishwasher, along with a washer and dryer.

So this was a very pleasant place. My only observation was that the bathroom was smallish.

My booking included breakfast, served in the main building. This was a typical morning buffet.

Service was always friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I enjoyed the Great George, the friendly low key environment was a big plus.

The Great George was a nice place to stay. I would be happy to go back and to recommend it to others.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank SeanOden
Megan H, General Manager at The Great George, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Thank you Sean for taking the time to share your experience. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and in particular, that you found our friendly and low key environment to be a big plus. We really strive to create a space for relaxation and fun! Thank you for recommending us to others. We look forward to seeing you again!