Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
patches7320
Charlottetown, Canada

Lack of Amenities

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 13, 2021via mobile
Our stay at the delta Charlottetown was one of the worst hotel stays during covid yet. I regularly take my children for a night out with his friends at hotels and the service , and options for food and amenities were less than spectacular .
It started with myself ordering a hotel family package . When I booked online directly through the hotel I requested one of the highest floors. When I checked in and requested again , I was given a middle floor and told that they had already selected the room and it should be good for us. Not what we wanted .
I also chose a water view room which we paid more for. We got a road view room with water to the far left . Upset again.
The pool had a kiddie pool which my son would have preferred as he can’t swim well and the larger pool was very deep off the steps for him. The kiddie pool didn’t even have water in it . The hot tub was the size of a bathtub .
The evening was even worse when we had someone partying across the hall from us until 3 AM . We couldn’t get any sleep and I didn’t want to go down to the front desk in my pajamas.
The next morning we went down for breakfast because our package included a $50 voucher for breakfast , only to find that the restaurant is closed . Other hotels have their restaurant open during covid . We chose from their menu which was two hot options . Neither of which my son would eat . The grab and go didn’t have anything he liked either .
When I went to check out, I was told my total and it was a charge higher than I expected because they did not apply my $50 credit that was included in my package. I had to explain yet again that I had the family package and they fixed this up for me .
I absolutely would not recommend going to this hotel with the service we received and the lack of amenities .
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Margaret Somers, General Manager at Delta Hotels By Marriott Prince Edward, responded to this review
Responded Jun 18, 2021
Dear patches 7320:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us. Needless to say, we did not meet all your expectations. I apologize for your disappointment. Please be assured that we have followed up appropriately with our Front Desk team regarding the room allocation and the credit process for your package inclusions. The kiddie pool is currently out of order due to COVID-19 restrictions, however with the Moving Forward Plan-step 3 of the Government of PEI plan we will be reopening the kiddie pool July 18th. I am sorry you had noise on your floor caused by the guests on your floor. Our restaurant is anticipated to open in July to offer hot breakfast items. We hope to welcome you back another time to our hotel. Indeed please contact me personally on that occasion so that I may ensure you a pleasurable stay.
    C$283
4.3 km from Delta Hotels By Marriott Prince Edward
    C$185
4.3 km from Delta Hotels By Marriott Prince Edward
View more hotels in Charlottetown
All reviews window seat underground parking great location water view lobby bar queen street great stay water front front desk staff hotel room great room waterfront pei maureen downtown housekeeping housekeeper
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2020

My wife and I stayed for two nights. This hotel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. We both remarked that it is one of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed in. This hotel is conveniently located right on the water front in Charlottetown. Easy walking distance to a lot of great restaurants.
Every night there was a free music presentation behind this hotel on the waterfront.

Date of stay: August 2020
Management response:Responded August 15, 2020

Greetings Dennis A:

So pleased to know that you and your wife very much enjoyed your stay with us here at the Delta Prince Edward, and that you found your guest room to be comfortable and clean. Our housekeeping team takes high pride in keeping our property clean for our valued guests! I was also happy to note you had the time to explore much of what is only steps away from our hotel, we being very conveniently located on the water and right downtown. Thank you for sharing your feedback here, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back another time. Until then, continued safe travels.

Reviewed April 5, 2020 via mobile

The Delta PEI was my most Accessible Hotel of 2019-20. Residence Inn Boston/Fenway was 2nd because the Delta had an accessible button in the room. I would recommend them both because they where both really spacious and they both had roll in showers.

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank braydencreamtravel
Reviewed February 18, 2020

Review may be a bit critical, but I work for a luxury hotel company and perhaps expect the same level of service - here’s what I thought about the stay —

Pool is nice and appears well kept. Plenty of seating poolside. Lockers available. Didn’t use the fitness center but it looked well equipped.

‘Kiddie pool’ is really hot tub sized.
Hot tub is also relatively small compared to the rest of the facilities.

Room was ok. 2 queen sized beds and we had a nice window seat. Water view would be nice in the summer - winter was kind of meh as mostly everything is frozen.
Bathroom is small but adequate.

Housekeeping was great. Left fun animals made of towels for the kids. It was my sons 7th birthday the day we arrived and housekeeping had graciously put up a happy birthday banner and left a card - while this was much appreciated, I had talked to in room dining re- ordering a small cake in room upon arrival, and was told there was no need because they always provide a treat in the room for anyone celebrating a special occasion. This didn’t happen. Not a huge deal, but just another example of things I was told were happening or included and then not delivered.

We chose this hotel because the Jack Frost festivities were happening in the attached convention center - but staff didn’t really know much about the events or inclusions of the package they offered.
I called and confirmed that self parking was included in the rate - and was told it was, and that there was an up charge for valet. Upon arrival was told that no, they must have meant street parking (which was non existent due to the huge event happening). Paid an extra $19/day for parking.

I also called prior to arrival because the package includes passes and breakfast for 4, and we had 5. Was told we would purchase an extra pass, but no need for additional breakfast as one of the children are under 5 and free - also not the case. So ended up paying $20/day for extra breakfast.
The breakfast buffet was great though - lots of choices and well worth $20, just was an expense we didn’t expect. Took 25 mins both mornings to get a table, so be prepared to wait on busy weekends !

Overall, probably a good hotel for business clients -
For family stays, you’re better off saving $100+/night and staying somewhere else local. Most places offer the same amenities (without cost) for almost everything.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Krystal s
aaKNDeltaPRI, General Manager at Delta Hotels By Marriott Prince Edward, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2020

Greetings Krystal s:

Thank you for your review in conjunction with your recent visit. I appreciate the detailed review which allows us to follow up on and relay the kudos provided as well as the opportunities identified in your review. I do apologize to you and your son that a special treat for your son was not delivered while our team was placing the Birthday card, signed by the team, and towel art animals in your room for your son to enjoy. I wish to thank you for attending the Jack Frost Winterfest here in Charlottetown and choosing our hotel to stay for that event. I hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back and provide you a more truly satisfying experience. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally on that occasion.

Reviewed February 17, 2020

I was so pleased with the service we received. Stefan checked us in and was SO warm and gave us the true island welcome. He went above and beyond in his service. He checked us in and gave us an upgraded room, which was well needed because it was Jack Frost weekend and there were many Kids in the area. This allowed us to have our own private corner with a gorgeous view and distance ourselves away from too many children. The rooms were gorgeous and very clean. I would highly recommend staying here, wonderful service and great location and atmosphere. The restaurant was also amazing, many local favorites!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Greetings Florence P:

So pleased you and your family were able to join us here at the Delta Prince Edward for the Jack Frost Winterfest! I was delighted to learn you experienced a high level of guest service from our associates, and in particular Stefan. He was happy to know he made a difference in your stay. Thank you also for your kind comments towards our restaurant, and for recommending us to others. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back another time soon. Until then, continued safe travels.

Reviewed February 12, 2020 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location. Close to many restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are very nice with water views. The restaurant is very good. The staff is helpful in every way. Great stay

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
aaKNDeltaPRI, General Manager at Delta Hotels By Marriott Prince Edward, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2020

Greetings randym293:

How wonderful to know you had a great stay with us here at the Delta Prince Edward, and that in particular you enjoyed our perfect location and your room with a view! Also appreciated is your kind comment towards our team of associates. Thank you for sharing you review here, and we hope to welcome you back another time soon. Until then, continued safe travels.