2 people are viewing this hotel
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
MandDplus2
Toronto, Canada

Nice hotel. A few problems.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 23, 2021via mobile
We booked a one bedroom
Suite which the website said is 352 square feet. This made no sense … esp with the pictures shown. tried to get it clarified on line and sent email to GM in Charlottetown. No reply. Called desk and no help … finally got through to chief engineer (seemed crazy to me but he was awesome!). He clarified room was 698 square feet and sent me floor plan!!!!

Room was a good size for family of 4. Very plain and sparse but that’s ok. No view. Should Really have a powder room at entry and a full bath off master. Or at least a door from master to the one bathroom in entry so don’t have to walk through living room! Sofa bed was terrible ….

Had a $25 f and b credit per night. Main restaurant closed for lunch and dinner (covid I guess but was open for breakfast). Tried outdoor pub brackish twice for dinner and it was full. On last night had drinks there to use our credit. Front desk refused to credit our bill as said alcohol not included … no mention of that anywhere and not normal for f and b (stayed at Fairmont in Montreal on same trip and also used f and b for drinks). Delta front desk removed the charge after I questioned it. This is not normal …

We love the delta’s location and always choose a Charlottetown hotel stay between delta and Holman, a few blocks away. Usually better water view at Holman even though delta is in the water!
Date of stay: August 2021
    C$124
    C$157
4.3 km from Delta Hotels By Marriott Prince Edward
View more hotels in Charlottetown
All reviews window seat underground parking great location water view lobby bar queen street great stay water front front desk staff hotel room great room waterfront pei maureen downtown housekeeping housekeeper
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2021 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel with a great location on the Charlottetown waterfront. We had a water view king room. The view was spectacular. Thank you to the front desk staff for making our visit very enjoyable especially Akash who was very accommodating. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed July 29, 2021 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel. Staff members were great! A big nice parking lot underground for $10. Room was spacious, clean, except for a few hairs left in our tub by the previous guests. Beds were comfy as well.

The hotel is located right on the waterfront and downtown making it very easy to walk around the pier, close to the Cows, etc.

Highly recommended.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2021

Stayed for a week in July. Checking out tomorrow. No complaints. Got an awesome price on a king room with city view. Liked the sitting area and window seat. Bed was comfy. As daily housekeeping wasn't available due to covid we would just ask housekeeping for more towels and toiletries when we saw them in the hall. We requested a room clean mid way through our stay. Front desk called once for a wellness check. Grabbed complimentary bottled water daily on our way out. All staff we encountered were friendly. Walking distance to many restaurants and live outdoor music.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick Janine G
Reviewed June 13, 2021 via mobile

Our stay at the delta Charlottetown was one of the worst hotel stays during covid yet. I regularly take my children for a night out with his friends at hotels and the service , and options for food and amenities were less than spectacular .
It started with myself ordering a hotel family package . When I booked online directly through the hotel I requested one of the highest floors. When I checked in and requested again , I was given a middle floor and told that they had already selected the room and it should be good for us. Not what we wanted .
I also chose a water view room which we paid more for. We got a road view room with water to the far left . Upset again.
The pool had a kiddie pool which my son would have preferred as he can’t swim well and the larger pool was very deep off the steps for him. The kiddie pool didn’t even have water in it . The hot tub was the size of a bathtub .
The evening was even worse when we had someone partying across the hall from us until 3 AM . We couldn’t get any sleep and I didn’t want to go down to the front desk in my pajamas.
The next morning we went down for breakfast because our package included a $50 voucher for breakfast , only to find that the restaurant is closed . Other hotels have their restaurant open during covid . We chose from their menu which was two hot options . Neither of which my son would eat . The grab and go didn’t have anything he liked either .
When I went to check out, I was told my total and it was a charge higher than I expected because they did not apply my $50 credit that was included in my package. I had to explain yet again that I had the family package and they fixed this up for me .
I absolutely would not recommend going to this hotel with the service we received and the lack of amenities .

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Margaret Somers, General Manager at Delta Hotels By Marriott Prince Edward, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2021

Dear patches 7320:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us. Needless to say, we did not meet all your expectations. I apologize for your disappointment. Please be assured that we have followed up appropriately with our Front Desk team regarding the room allocation and the credit process for your package inclusions. The kiddie pool is currently out of order due to COVID-19 restrictions, however with the Moving Forward Plan-step 3 of the Government of PEI plan we will be reopening the kiddie pool July 18th. I am sorry you had noise on your floor caused by the guests on your floor. Our restaurant is anticipated to open in July to offer hot breakfast items. We hope to welcome you back another time to our hotel. Indeed please contact me personally on that occasion so that I may ensure you a pleasurable stay.

Reviewed August 6, 2020

My wife and I stayed for two nights. This hotel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful. We both remarked that it is one of the quietest hotels we have ever stayed in. This hotel is conveniently located right on the water front in Charlottetown. Easy walking distance to a lot of great restaurants.
Every night there was a free music presentation behind this hotel on the waterfront.

Date of stay: August 2020
Management response:Responded August 15, 2020

Greetings Dennis A:

So pleased to know that you and your wife very much enjoyed your stay with us here at the Delta Prince Edward, and that you found your guest room to be comfortable and clean. Our housekeeping team takes high pride in keeping our property clean for our valued guests! I was also happy to note you had the time to explore much of what is only steps away from our hotel, we being very conveniently located on the water and right downtown. Thank you for sharing your feedback here, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back another time. Until then, continued safe travels.

James Tingley