Rodd Royalty(Charlottetown)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
The Great George(Charlottetown)
US$206
US$200
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$95
Dundee Arms Inn(Charlottetown)
US$130
US$126
Orbitz.com
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
US$267
US$212
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor poolfront deskroom was cleancoffee makerbagelsbig box storesplace to sleepmain buildingmini fridgefree breakfasteasy accessmotelpeiwalmartsinknsmaintenance
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We were originally booked to stay in a Queen room in the older building. When we got to the room, aside from the very old furniture there was also an overwealming smell of must and perfume. After a few minutes of this (and with our door wide open to help ventilate, since you can't open the windows), we both were starting to have trouble breathing.

We complained to the front desk, and were immediately moved to an upgraded room in the newer half at no extra cost. The newer room was far nicer and was in the building that was obviously renovated. Once we were there, there was no issue with the place.

The lesson here is to make 100% sure you are in the new, renovated half and not the older half! Call if you have to. If you stay in the older part, make sure you know what you are getting into and have lungs of steel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

\thank you for taking the time to add your comments. I am the first to agree that the first building is def more spacious, queen beds vs double beds and has the flat screen tvs along with new beauty queen mattresses. They also have the patio of back door which air the rooms out daily with the cross ventalitation which the double rooms do not have. I am glad we were able to upgrade you and pleased you ejoyed your stay with us.Hopefully on your next visit to PEI you will look us up.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at this Canadas Best Value Inn. We were impressed by the overall environment. The staff was friendly, and we loved the microwave and fridge in the room. A continental breakfast was included, and the hotel location was perfect for travelling into the city or out into the countryside. The breakfast area was quite crowded the day we were there with some groups occupying all the major utensils/equipment. The motel room was a little small and in need of some refurbishing/paint. Otherwise it was very adequate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for adding your comments. We do get quite a few guests that are surprisedand impressed at the rooms once they settle in. Our location also has been a hugh factor as to why some have decided to stay with us. I agree that our dining room can be quite crowded at times. When you get groups in also at times they can sit around chatting with another cup of cofee . Again I thank you for taking the time to put your comments on and I do hope we will see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

The place itself is dated and after reading other reviews we decided to get an upgraded, renovated room with jacuzzi. The room rate was to include a bottle of wine and chocolates.....they were never presented to us nor did they seem to know about it.....the continental breakfast was standard fare. Warning.....no elevators........their restaurant is downstairs and our updated room was upstairs.......no problem for us but there was a guest in a wheelchair who could not access the restaurant......I will give the hotel credit though,,,they had this guest order from the menu and had the food delivered to the dining area on the main floor used for continental breakfast . Our room was great, quiet and clean

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apoligize for the confusion or mix up with the Jacuzzi Suite with comp wine and chocolates as we do offer that only with every romance package booked with us.I usually check every day to see if a package is booked as it is me who picks up the wine and chocolates. It is unfortunate that our Jug is not yet wheelchair access as alot people comment on its character. We do thou make sure we can serve all which is why we do open the main floor dining room to any guest that cannot access our restrurant/pub. Our owners have made major renovations to our rooms and Lobby area and an elevator is something that they are looking at in the future. I am glad that you found your room quiet and clean. We are always trying to improve our service to ensure every guest enjoys their stay with us from the time they walk in to the time they leave. I def. will see if I missed a package and speak to all staff at the desk to make sure they are aware that if a romance package is booked to follow up with wine and chocolates. I am sorry your stay was not as you expected. If you are in our area again, please call me and I will do my best to ensure your stay will be much more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

My oldest son and I were in your lovely city for a week for my younger son's football tournament-we had booked elsewhere but were less than impressed with the motel I had booked. I decided to look elsewhere, and found your motel for the same price and there were more amenities(pool,restaurant,microwave,fridge,phone!!) and to be perfectly honest, staff that could speak english. The rooms may be a bit small but they were clean and the grounds well maintained. There was a group of 'pre-war' cars there and the motel went out of their way to be sure there was room for thier cars,trailers/etc. Very accomodating and friendly, will reccommend to all!!

Room Tip: Back rooms didn't much for view-who cares?Not there for motel view!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind review. We do take pride in our appearance and our staff are constantly walking around every morning to ensure everything is picked up on the grounds and looking good. We were so happy to the the antique cars at our property. I took alot photos and we hope to start a display somewhere showing different groups/parties that visited our location. I agree having a restaurant / swimming pool can make the world of difference when vacationing.
It can be the little things that make a stay enjoyable which is what we try to do here. I thank you again for your comments and hope to see you again at Canada's Best Value.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Very friendly staff, good location, easy to get in and out of the city. However the cleaness of this place is not satisfied. I had a white towel with yellow stains on it. Also becuase of its low price, this place is a very popular for big families, so if you don't mind waiting behind children for your breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
ABoorne, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

I would like to thank you for adding your comments on your recent stay with us. I would like to add we are changin our housekeeping policies and have hired someone with lots experience in checking rooms from top to bottom - garbaging towels and linens with any stains and ensuring
the one complaint guests don't have is with the cleaniness of our rooms. Like any new change in a policy it sometimes takes abit to get everything running smoothly. I hope on your next visit to PEI you will stop by, ask for me, and I will ensure your stay will be much more enjoyable.

Nancy - Sales Manager