All reviews outdoor pool front desk second building room was clean bagels coffee maker big box stores place to sleep main building jacuzzi tub mini fridge free breakfast close to downtown easy access enjoyed my stay pei walmart
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We were in the first strip of motel style rooms off the main building. There are pop, vending, and ice machines in the main lobby, a pub in the basement, lots of parking, outdoor pool, patio areas, etc. We were generally pleased with the property, housekeeping was not maybe as thurough as we would normally expect, but otherwise things were comfortable. They do charge a deposit for 'damages and incidentals' but we felt the price was fair. Continental breakfast is basics as usual. The location is very convenient for shopping and to get to most other areas of Charlottetown.

Our room had 2 queen beds, a small seating area, air conditioning, flat screen, microwave, bar fridge, and coffee maker. We had a walk through to a small patio area outside the back of our room, and there was parking directly in front of our room.

The pub serves food until 9 pm.

They do allow pets.

We paid $93.50 per night plus taxes and levy.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HLOKITY
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us.
We take pride in providing clean rooms at affordable rate plus good meals in our pub.
I hope should you find yourself back in PEI, you will look us up and stay with us again.
Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We were only over to the island for two nights and we were looking for clean & comfortable lodging. We asked for a renovated room. We got a renovated room in the main building and were not dissapointed. It was very clean and had a good breakfast. It was a short drive from town and staff were very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

First I want to thank you for taking the time to add your comments regarding your stay with us. Our location is a big advantage with us as we are close to everything..the University, rinks, shopping malls and even beaches. Our contentental breakfast does get many compliments as we have lots to choose from toast - muffins- bagels- to waffles. We try to ensure every guest enjoys their stay from the time they check-in till they check-out with us.
Again thanks for your kind comments.

Nancy Leslie

Reviewed September 9, 2011

We were originally booked to stay in a Queen room in the older building. When we got to the room, aside from the very old furniture there was also an overwealming smell of must and perfume. After a few minutes of this (and with our door wide open to help ventilate, since you can't open the windows), we both were starting to have trouble breathing.

We complained to the front desk, and were immediately moved to an upgraded room in the newer half at no extra cost. The newer room was far nicer and was in the building that was obviously renovated. Once we were there, there was no issue with the place.

The lesson here is to make 100% sure you are in the new, renovated half and not the older half! Call if you have to. If you stay in the older part, make sure you know what you are getting into and have lungs of steel.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2011

\thank you for taking the time to add your comments. I am the first to agree that the first building is def more spacious, queen beds vs double beds and has the flat screen tvs along with new beauty queen mattresses. They also have the patio of back door which air the rooms out daily with the cross ventalitation which the double rooms do not have. I am glad we were able to upgrade you and pleased you ejoyed your stay with us.Hopefully on your next visit to PEI you will look us up.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at this Canadas Best Value Inn. We were impressed by the overall environment. The staff was friendly, and we loved the microwave and fridge in the room. A continental breakfast was included, and the hotel location was perfect for travelling into the city or out into the countryside. The breakfast area was quite crowded the day we were there with some groups occupying all the major utensils/equipment. The motel room was a little small and in need of some refurbishing/paint. Otherwise it was very adequate.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for adding your comments. We do get quite a few guests that are surprisedand impressed at the rooms once they settle in. Our location also has been a hugh factor as to why some have decided to stay with us. I agree that our dining room can be quite crowded at times. When you get groups in also at times they can sit around chatting with another cup of cofee . Again I thank you for taking the time to put your comments on and I do hope we will see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

The place itself is dated and after reading other reviews we decided to get an upgraded, renovated room with jacuzzi. The room rate was to include a bottle of wine and chocolates.....they were never presented to us nor did they seem to know about it.....the continental breakfast was standard fare. Warning.....no elevators........their restaurant is downstairs and our updated room was upstairs.......no problem for us but there was a guest in a wheelchair who could not access the restaurant......I will give the hotel credit though,,,they had this guest order from the menu and had the food delivered to the dining area on the main floor used for continental breakfast . Our room was great, quiet and clean

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apoligize for the confusion or mix up with the Jacuzzi Suite with comp wine and chocolates as we do offer that only with every romance package booked with us.I usually check every day to see if a package is booked as it is me who picks up the wine and chocolates. It is unfortunate that our Jug is not yet wheelchair access as alot people comment on its character. We do thou make sure we can serve all which is why we do open the main floor dining room to any guest that cannot access our restrurant/pub. Our owners have made major renovations to our rooms and Lobby area and an elevator is something that they are looking at in the future. I am glad that you found your room quiet and clean. We are always trying to improve our service to ensure every guest enjoys their stay with us from the time they walk in to the time they leave. I def. will see if I missed a package and speak to all staff at the desk to make sure they are aware that if a romance package is booked to follow up with wine and chocolates. I am sorry your stay was not as you expected. If you are in our area again, please call me and I will do my best to ensure your stay will be much more enjoyable.