“Excellent Lodging”

Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Charlottetown
Reviewed 20 September 2011

When planning our Maritimes road trip, I had booked another Charlottetown hotel for 2 nights, but after reading the reviews of CBVI&Ss, I changed our reservations - and am glad we did! True - you are a bit out of the historic center of town, but if you have a vehicle it should not be an issue.

The newly-remodeled room was clean and nicely furnished - with a large wall-mounted flat screen TV. The bathroom had new marble tile.
The heated pool was clean & inviting. Wifi signal was very strong - even at the pool where we sat in the September sun. The continental breakfast selections wern't vast, but it was certainly adequite with ample seating. We were initially a little concerned as we were next to the housekeeping supply room, and feared it might be noisy early in the morning - but were were up & out for the day before that happened.

Overall, we could not have asked for anything better for a moderately priced motel.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our drive-up queen rooms have received alot of compliments this past season for their space, looks and most impt. good nights sleep.
Look us up on your next visit and thank-you for taking the time to advise others on your experience with us.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

My husband and I were a late check in from Nova Scotia. We did not have a reservation as we were there for an unexpected funeral. Nellie from the front desk was wonderful. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite at a great price. I am in the hospitality industry myself and will be recomending this wonderful place to many people who head this way.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Digby-Family

I would like to thank you for taking the time to add your comments on your recent stay with us. I wish it was under better circumstances. I am pleased, but not surprised to hear Nelly was very helpful and pleasant upon check-in. She does go out of her way to ensure guests get top service.
I hope the next time you visit PEI you will look us up and stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We were in the first strip of motel style rooms off the main building. There are pop, vending, and ice machines in the main lobby, a pub in the basement, lots of parking, outdoor pool, patio areas, etc. We were generally pleased with the property, housekeeping was not maybe as thurough as we would normally expect, but otherwise things were comfortable. They do charge a deposit for 'damages and incidentals' but we felt the price was fair. Continental breakfast is basics as usual. The location is very convenient for shopping and to get to most other areas of Charlottetown.

Our room had 2 queen beds, a small seating area, air conditioning, flat screen, microwave, bar fridge, and coffee maker. We had a walk through to a small patio area outside the back of our room, and there was parking directly in front of our room.

The pub serves food until 9 pm.

They do allow pets.

We paid $93.50 per night plus taxes and levy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HLOKITY

We take pride in providing clean rooms at affordable rate plus good meals in our pub.
I hope should you find yourself back in PEI, you will look us up and stay with us again.
Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We were only over to the island for two nights and we were looking for clean & comfortable lodging. We asked for a renovated room. We got a renovated room in the main building and were not dissapointed. It was very clean and had a good breakfast. It was a short drive from town and staff were very friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

First I want to thank you for taking the time to add your comments regarding your stay with us. Our location is a big advantage with us as we are close to everything..the University, rinks, shopping malls and even beaches. Our contentental breakfast does get many compliments as we have lots to choose from toast - muffins- bagels- to waffles. We try to ensure every guest enjoys their stay from the time they check-in till they check-out with us.
Again thanks for your kind comments.

Nancy Leslie

Reviewed 9 September 2011

We were originally booked to stay in a Queen room in the older building. When we got to the room, aside from the very old furniture there was also an overwealming smell of must and perfume. After a few minutes of this (and with our door wide open to help ventilate, since you can't open the windows), we both were starting to have trouble breathing.

We complained to the front desk, and were immediately moved to an upgraded room in the newer half at no extra cost. The newer room was far nicer and was in the building that was obviously renovated. Once we were there, there was no issue with the place.

The lesson here is to make 100% sure you are in the new, renovated half and not the older half! Call if you have to. If you stay in the older part, make sure you know what you are getting into and have lungs of steel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

\thank you for taking the time to add your comments. I am the first to agree that the first building is def more spacious, queen beds vs double beds and has the flat screen tvs along with new beauty queen mattresses. They also have the patio of back door which air the rooms out daily with the cross ventalitation which the double rooms do not have. I am glad we were able to upgrade you and pleased you ejoyed your stay with us.Hopefully on your next visit to PEI you will look us up.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at this Canadas Best Value Inn. We were impressed by the overall environment. The staff was friendly, and we loved the microwave and fridge in the room. A continental breakfast was included, and the hotel location was perfect for travelling into the city or out into the countryside. The breakfast area was quite crowded the day we were there with some groups occupying all the major utensils/equipment. The motel room was a little small and in need of some refurbishing/paint. Otherwise it was very adequate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Nancy L, Manager at Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thank you for adding your comments. We do get quite a few guests that are surprisedand impressed at the rooms once they settle in. Our location also has been a hugh factor as to why some have decided to stay with us. I agree that our dining room can be quite crowded at times. When you get groups in also at times they can sit around chatting with another cup of cofee . Again I thank you for taking the time to put your comments on and I do hope we will see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

The place itself is dated and after reading other reviews we decided to get an upgraded, renovated room with jacuzzi. The room rate was to include a bottle of wine and chocolates.....they were never presented to us nor did they seem to know about it.....the continental breakfast was standard fare. Warning.....no elevators........their restaurant is downstairs and our updated room was upstairs.......no problem for us but there was a guest in a wheelchair who could not access the restaurant......I will give the hotel credit though,,,they had this guest order from the menu and had the food delivered to the dining area on the main floor used for continental breakfast . Our room was great, quiet and clean

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I apoligize for the confusion or mix up with the Jacuzzi Suite with comp wine and chocolates as we do offer that only with every romance package booked with us.I usually check every day to see if a package is booked as it is me who picks up the wine and chocolates. It is unfortunate that our Jug is not yet wheelchair access as alot people comment on its character. We do thou make sure we can serve all which is why we do open the main floor dining room to any guest that cannot access our restrurant/pub. Our owners have made major renovations to our rooms and Lobby area and an elevator is something that they are looking at in the future. I am glad that you found your room quiet and clean. We are always trying to improve our service to ensure every guest enjoys their stay with us from the time they walk in to the time they leave. I def. will see if I missed a package and speak to all staff at the desk to make sure they are aware that if a romance package is booked to follow up with wine and chocolates. I am sorry your stay was not as you expected. If you are in our area again, please call me and I will do my best to ensure your stay will be much more enjoyable.