I recently stayed at this property the last week of October, 2011. I booked a renovated Jacuzzi Suite for 2 nights for myself and my wife. The reception area was adequate and the check-in clerk was very friendly. Once we went up the short flight of stairs, the hallway to the room was less than impressive with old carpet and chipped paint on the door trims. Our room itself was ok, very clean and and spacious for the price with a newer model Flat Screen TV. The room looks fine at a first glance, but the maintenance detail was very poor. There was a face-plate missing off the electrical outlet behind the Flat Screen. Not a big deal because the receptacle is 6 feet from the floor, but if a face plate was missing at a lower level, it would be 1000 times easier for a toddler to stick something in and light himself up!! The pot light in the area when you first walk in was hanging a good inch & half out of the ceiling. The bathroom was small and did not look to be renovated. The flooring was brand new, a nice dark laminate, but all around the baseboard I could see where the painter dripped and didn't clean up very well. There was white smudges and drip marks of white paint on the brand new floor. I realize that paint drips do not affect a persons sleep and I won't include that in my overall score. It looked like a drunken college student was hired to do the painting, a shame for a room that was recently renovated. If owned this hotel, firing the painter would be one of my first priorities. A room that has been renovated should not be missing receptacle face plates or have light fixtures half hanging out of the ceiling. The jacuzzi was a nice touch, perfect for 2 to relax. The bed was average and I'd rate it about a 6 out of 10 for comfort.
It's very close to shopping and only 15 minutes from downtown Charlottetown. It's an average accommodation for the price, if you get an online deal and need a place to crash, it would be adequate. If you book a renovated room, don't let yourself think you are getting a brand new accommodation........."LIPSTICK ON A PIG" would be a more realistic expectation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful property is newly-renovated (2010) to meet the needs of all travelers to Prince Edward Island. Standard rooms, standard suites, and jacuzzi suites are available. Continental breakfast and free wi-fi are included. On-site restaurant/pub is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canada`s Best Value Inn And Suites
- Canada`s Best Value Hotel Charlottetown
- Rodd Confederation Hotel
- Canada's Best Value Inn & Suites Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island