“I do recommend this place.”
Review of TACO BOYZ INC

TACO BOYZ INC
Ranked #91 of 292 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Need a quick lunch or light supper? Do not hesitate to stop in here.

Very good food served quickly, yet with care and attention to the customer. Eat in or take it home - either way will be delicious.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Got food delivered from here. Said would be an hour. Took an hour and 15 mins. We live about 10 mins from the shop. We had Chimichangas, one steak one chicken. I don't know what they make them in but beyond being brown on the outside they weren't right and weren't chimichangas. The wrap was doughy and kind of gross. It wasn't crispy or nice.

The rice was bland and had no flavour. The beans were the same. I paid for guac and complained there was none the whole way through the first half. That was when I gave up on the soggy wrap and opened it up to just eat the filling and found a tiny trace of guac in the bottom end. There wasn't much Pico, cheese or sour cream.

Mexican is such an easy cuisine to get flavour in! Cilantro, lime, salt, cumin, paprika. The options are endless. This dish should have had layers of flavour. Marinated meat and then seasoned. Spices and seasonings in the beans. Flavours in the rice. Crispy deep fried tortilla around it all and the really the sauces should be on the side to keep them cold until you put them on hot food.

The glowing reviews of this place are fake or people with no taste buds. Someone should at least buy them some salt for the kitchen at a start. Or get them some training at Barburrito or Tortilla. I wouldn't bother again. Sugar Skulls is way better. Too bad it's down town with no parking. Taco Boyz claims to use authentic Mexican flavours and cooking but it's not even good Tex mex, never mind anything approaching authentic Mexican. Just get a subway, it'll have more taste.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

One would think that burritos are a sure bet, but my husband and I were disappointed. He ordered the spicy chicken burrito and the chicken was not in any way spicy. I ordered a shrimp burrito and there were few shrimp, and again, not that much flavour. Charging for cheese seemed like a cash grab. We have had much better burritos elsewhere.

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Wife and I grabbed dinner here while in town. I loved it, she thought it was mediocre. I had a burrito bowl. It was a large portion of food and filled me up. The staff was very friendly and the establishment was clean.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

I am not sure if both Charlottetown locations are owned by the same people but we visited the Buchanan St location and just thinking of what I saw makes me ill. The staff member on the second half of the assembly line finished my order, proceeded to ring up my order with his gloves on and after I paid, he went right back to completing the next persons order with the same gloves on. What is the point of the gloves then?? I didn't notice if he had done that when making my family's meal but just watching him put his dirty gloves directly into the food containers made me want to throw up. And that was after he used a pen to open a bag of cheese. Lastly, I have never been to a taco place that charged for having salsa on the side if I didn't want it directly on my taco. Overall a horrible experience. I was so excited to try this place and am so disgusted now. I was hoping to write the manager directly in case they may want to address what is happening in their restaurant but can't seem to find their contact info.