“Great poutine”

Hunter's Ale House
Ranked #26 of 292 Restaurants in Charlottetown
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub style restaurant with large patios flanking the corner property. Menu includes many variations on classic pub favorites (ask for the chicken curry nachos). Dine in and enjoy live entertainment nightly in the heart of beautiful downtown Charlottetown.
Reviewed February 19, 2018

We arrived, the interior is so-so, the window area seating was fraught, there was a puddle of water on the floor where we relocated (it was snowy and cold). The staff though were friendly and attentive. The poutine was delish! We had pulled pork with bacon. I was dubious as to whether poutine could be good, having never had it, but this was real comfort food, just needed a blanket and good movie! The wine seemed to be served by the gallon, so I left the place, after a Saturday afternoon lunch a bit tipsy!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in Friday night for a bite and was not disappointed. We shared the shrimp and scallop pasta! Loads for the two of us to share, hot and delicious!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Great eating experience ! I had fish and my husband had steak . Both meals were tasty and nicely presented . We could not finish all the food as servings were huge . Pleasant and efficient service .

Reviewed October 17, 2017

I come here every time I'm in Charlottetown, and I'd love to be able to tell you more about it, but all I've ever tried is the seafood chowder. It is hands-down, the best seafood chowder I've ever had. Big chunks of seafood (I'm pretty sure there was a whole lobster in my last one) with the freshest and tastiest PEI potatoes. Every. single. time.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Our first stop in Charlottetown. Found it by accident as we were trying to find our hotel. It looked like a good place to eat and it was.
Staff were excellent and offered pointers on what was good on the menu.
It all seemed like it was good and the prices were excellent.