Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
CheapTicketsUS$71
TravelocityUS$71
ZenHotels.comUS$77
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2015

I stayed here recently for a hockey tournament, and wasn't too happy by the time I left. It started when we arrived. We walked in and were greeted by the smell of stale cigarette smoke in the hallway. Nice. A step around the corner and we went from the smell of smoke to the smell of fish, then into our room which smelled of musty dampness.

The motel is a long, single-level building, with rooms front-and-back off a central hallway, the office in the middle of the building. We got put in the party end of the motel it seems. The party went on well into the night, mostly parents, I should note. The kids were actually pretty well behaved. At times, the noise was so bad, and there were so many people in the hallway, that the walls of my room were actually vibrating. The walls are thin, and no noise anywhere nearby will go unheard.

The party quieted noticeably around 11PM, which is when I'm guessing the staff came down and told people to keep the noise down. Didn't last long though, as it ramped up again until midnight. Another lull, another increase, and finally it got quiet around 12:45AM.

In the morning, I went for breakfast. The selection is not too bad for a small motel. I got some sausages, which were good, and was standing at the steam table when a fresh batch of scrambled eggs were brought in. I opened it immediately, scooped some eggs, sat down to eat, and they were cold. Got some coffee from the coffee maker, and it was lukewarm. We looked around to make a fresh pot, but couldn't find the supplies, nor could we find a staff member to do it for us. I gave up and drove to Starbucks for breakfast.

The motel itself has seen better days. My bathroom wasn't very clean. The caulking in the bathroom was dirty and moldy, and looked like it had been put on by a five-year-old. The building is on the north side of Summerside, not within walking distance of anything.

For me, this would be a place to stay again in an emergency, but I'd hope that I would be able to plan well enough to avoid any emergencies.

The one positive: when I interacted with staff members, they were quite friendly.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TravisSummerside, Guest Relations Manager at Traveller's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2015

Dear Peter B
I am saddened to hear that your stay was less then enjoyable. I have been looking in to the smell issues and staff are doing a better job in ensuring that all smoking is done at least 15 feet a away from the building so that the smell does not creep back in to the building and cause discomfort for our guests. As for the fish smell I am not sure as to where you might have run into this as we have a strict no cooking of fish products in our hotel policy.

As for the partying and noise issue I can assure you that we have discussed this issue at length with staff and educated them on better ways to deal with rowdy guests and prevent noise complaints in the future .
I have also to talked to all breakfast staff and put measures in place to ensure each and every guest receives the hottest and freshest product .

As for the calking issue maintenance has been made aware of this and problem has been rectified

I hope you will see that we take great effort in listening to our guests and fixing any issues such as the ones you have stated above, and hope you will come back soon and enjoy a worry free stay.

Reviewed December 29, 2014

3 adults stayed here and found it to be very good value. The staff are super friendly and welcoming as well. We also had a hot breakfast with good choices. The front desk, the restaurant staff, the cleaning staff were all so very friendly. Would love to stay here another time.

Room tip: Sorry have no tips.
Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank 143Cathy
TravisSummerside, Guest Relations Manager at Traveller's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2015

welcome to Travellers Inn In Beautiful Summerside PEI It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay with us . we were glad to hear that everything was up to par during your stay and hope to see you the next time your in the area.

Reviewed November 16, 2014

stayed here and the service and accommodations were fantastic.friendly people, quality service and enjoyed our stay, i would recommend ,close to all amenities.the restaurant food is excellent!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TravisSummerside, Guest Relations Manager at Traveller's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2014

Greetings from the Traveller's Inn In beautiful Summerside PEI. It was our pleasure to host you during your stay and I was glad to hear that it was a good one. we hope to see you again next time your in the area

Reviewed November 11, 2014

Stayed at this hotel about a month ago with my kids when u walk in the doors of this hotel they welcome us with open arms like family. My kids looked at me and said "Mommy is there a pool here" Front desk clerk heard them and and then showed them the pool on the tv they where jumping for joy. We got our key and went to the room and it was beautiful very clean nice smell just the right spot to be,We got all settled and don't have to say what was next the pool it was beautiful very nice and warm and clean .I thank the workers here for making this visit amazing and my kids loved it would i return oh yes i will who wouldn't .

Room tip: On back hotel nice view
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Greetings from the Traveller's Inn in beautiful Summerside PEI. it was our pleasure to accommodate you on your visit to the island. I was glad to hear that the staff welcomed you with open arms and treated you so well as this is how we try to treat every guest that stays with us. I would like to take this time to thank you for your great review, and hope to see you back again next time your in the area.

Reviewed November 10, 2014

Thank you to the staff at the Travellers Inn. It is always a pleasure to stay here. My girlfriend and I stopped in for a night and breakfast and enjoyed a very comfortable stay and dip in the pool. Affordable rates and friendly staff.

Room tip: Close to the pool if you have children
Date of stay: September 2014