“Without flavour and for ceoliac paronoiac”
Review of Restaurant Ottavio

Restaurant Ottavio
Ranked #25 of 750 Restaurants in Laval
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2012

There are 3 Ottavio's restaurant. I went to the one in Ville St-Laurent with my wife and a friend couple. A restaurant that seems to have it all. A superb decor, nice calm atmosphere, the right lighting and a menu with a section for people like me Ceoliac. But that's it. For service, well lets just say that someone forget to pay attention to the clientele. Bringing 2 appetizers only the others within the next 5 minutes. Arriving with the main dish when we are not done with the appetizers. "We'll put the dish under the heater until you finish" said the waitress !! And now the food first the gluten-free pizza... tasteless. Not that it wasn't good. It was tasteless. Pizza Margherita is simple tomato sauce, boccocini, fresh basils. Couldn't taste any of it. I called the waitress, she said you don't like it? I said, have your chef blind taste it and have him tell me what it is? She replied, so you don't like it? I then reordered. I chose penne Alfredo. I got an Alfredo sauce liquid like milk. It didn't stick to the pasta. No garlic, no green onions, no black pepper, no parmesan in the sauce... milk !! Actually all sauces were too milky, the other three ordered mussels in "milk".. For the gluten-free, well it's paranoia. They give you different utensils (do they use a different dish washer?), parmesan is freshly grated, it's in a little cup with a lid. do they use the parmesan grater for other thing than grate parmesan?, in the washroom they have gluten-free hand soap!! And it's 8$ for a gluten-free crème brulée. I didn't know there was gluten in a crème brulée. So Ottavio's is out. Just like Zero 8.

1  Thank nitram1967

Reviewed July 17, 2012

the concept is cool how you pick what you want on a piece of paper but the 2nd time was quite disappointed.
Service was extremely slow

1  Thank Namaste24
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It's a shame when a potentially great soemthing turns south and is on its way out. Ottavio falls into that category. Imagine, the owners went all out to have nice decor, lovely atmoshphere, and hired good chefs to create nice dishes. The bolognese sauce is delicious foe example. So far so good. But now comes the crucial part - service. Ouch, that hurts because there is none, or to be fair, very little. They don't have enough staff and the people they do have are less than service-oriented. What a shame. The ingredients are all there for great potential but the service means that Ottavio is OUT.

1  Thank George K
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My family loves this restaurant. We live about five minutes by car, and if we ever go out to a restaurant, Ottavio's will certainly be in our choices. There are now three locations, including the one close to us (The St. Laurent location). They have a wide selection of foods, from muscles to pizza, and they also have a gluten free menu. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants good quality food at a decent price.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We were looking for a good pizza, oven style. We were recommended Ottavio.
We decided to go early, since this restaurant seems to always be full.

We were not disapointed with the food quality, and the reption was very good. All staff was smiling and were very kind to us.

Price is a bit above average, but I think the quality of the food explains it.

We also got a Cesar's salad... Was not crispy enough...They need to work on this !

Overall OK, with good quality. Since it is a "Bring your own Wine", the overall bill is a bit cheeper

1  Thank JM4522