“Horrible experience ”

Ranked #22 of 766 Restaurants in Laval
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

The waiter didn't look like he wanted to serve us at all. Saw him twice during the meal and he didnt bother looking at me when handing me the bill. Both me and my S.O. had pasta, both were just horrible and also overpriced. Never going back.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

I discovered this gem when looking for gluten free options. They have a full GF menu and celiac approved. They have a huge selection of mussels and all you can eat days. The service is excellent. Bonus is a bring your own wine. I often go for lunch as they have a pasta special for $10

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 20, 2017

We were a group of 7 people on a Thursday night. Restaurant was full with people waiting to be seated - it is suggested to reserve ahead of time.
The menu has a nice selection and there are last minute suggestions that are offered. The food was very good and appreciated by the group. Service was friendly and efficient.
Great place to go and you can bring your own wine or beer !

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 31, 2017

My wife and I were visiting friends in Montreal and they took us to Restaurant Ottavio.

The restaurant is in a strip mall along Saint Martin Boulevard in Laval. Inside, it is clean and simple - dark wooden tables in an "L" shaped dining room. The kitchen is open and a diner can see the kitchen staff at work. There is nothing pretentious about the space - there is nothing exceptional - except the food!

On the Monday night we were there, most tables were unoccupied but the ones that were occupied were full of animated diners! In fact, when we arrived, it was a little loud! People were having fun and enjoying their meals - that was a good first sign.

Our meal started with a basket of rolls. They were warm, slightly crunchy and delicious! Soon after, we shared appetizer of figs and Brie. The presentation was beautiful and the food was just as good to eat as to look at!

For my entree, I had a duck confit and cheese sandwich on course grain bread. I saw it on the menu and wondered what could this be. The sandwich was wonderful! The tenderness of the duck with the creaminess of the cheese and the texture of the grain bread were a perfect combination, complimenting each other.

But we were not done! For dessert we shared an order of beignets and "sinfully moist", a small, moist chocolate cake covered in caramel sauce! The beignets were light and fluffy and delicious! The portion was large so that even though we were sharing, there was plenty for all.

The "sinfully moist" cake was that and more! The caramel and chocolate cake were perfect together.

The service was efficient and friendly. The portions were good sized and the prices very affordable!

This is a BYOB place so feel free to bring a bottle of wine.

Restaurant Ottavio combines good food with good value - who could ask for more!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 3, 2017

We reserved for a group of 8 & unfortunately showed up 15 minutes late (traffic & parking). They told us they tried to call us 6-7 minutes earlier & gave our table away. There were no missed calls on our phone & we were in the parling lot by then! Very disappointed about this but will NOT be returning to Ottavio.

Date of visit: April 2017

Been to Restaurant Ottavio? Share your experiences!