“Very good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 384 Restaurants in Longueuil
Price range: US$16 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

The service provided by the staff is really good. The ambience too. The food is good. Apetizers are the one i give the highest rating. The food is prepared instantly & served.
Overall...a nice experience

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Montreal
“Disastrous 50th Birthday Surprise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

My daughter planned a surprised birthday for me at Mantra, a restaurant my family and I have been going to since it was first opened and before hand when the owners had another restaurant next to the Champlain Mall in Longueuil. I would say we've been going there for at least 10 years. First, the owner lost the menu my daughter requested and prepare a buffet WITHOUT consulting her (my daughter knows how much I despise buffets and prefer a-la-carte). Secondly, they didn't want my daughter to set up the projector and screen in the nicer part of the restaurant (even though it was empty) and so the guests were placed out in the back with 3 table scattered about and holes in the wall. We were a small group made to look even smaller by the way we were seated. It was also hot as it was right next to the kitchen. Thirdly, the food sucked. The tandoori chicken was dried, there wasn't enough quantity-wise and the naan bread was crispy. The guests were never offered a drink until 45 mins after arriving and there was no music. To add insult to injury everyone was charged $20 for the buffet which is more than the normal cost for the buffet! As I said, we are regular customers and the way we were treated was a disgrace. Over the years I have recommended people to this restaurant but that will no longer the case. From now on I will tell them to stay well away as I will in future.
The whole thing disappointed my daughter so much which broke my heart as she worked so hard to surprise me and ranted and raved at what a wonderful restaurant this was. WAS being the operative word here.
Farewell Mantra.