“Great place to kick back and relax with friends”
Review of Messina

Messina
Ranked #58 of 406 Restaurants in Longueuil
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Just got back from Longueuil having spent last evening at a birth day party at the Messina Restaurant on St. Charles St W. The restaurant is located in the old part of Longueuil so parking is an issue which the restaurant solves through Valet parking at no particular cost except tips. The restaurant is spacious with various levels both inside and outside. The staff is courteous and friendly and always willing to help. Most of them are in their early twenties and are well turned out. We arrived late at about 1940 hrs for Dinner with most of our large party already present. That caused no issue and we were promptly seated in very comfortable leather overstuffed chairs. The drink request followed and so did the request for our fare choices. As our crowd was quite large (50) there was a set menu of about six items all of which proved to be very nice. My choice was a veal cutlet with pasta. The cutlet was prepared without excess bread crumbs and was very tasty. My wife had a sea food dish which also was very tasty. My wife and I rarely order the same dish when going out to Dinner but taste each other's dishes during the meal. Service, given the size of the party, was reasonable with the meals all being served at the same time for all. this was followed by desert of a very nice birthday cake and coffee. This restaurant is not a bring your own wine venue but does offer a cash bar at reasonable prices. Dinner was finally over at about 2200 hrs and was followed by the clearing of the floor for some dancing courtesy of our brought along DJ. At no time did we feel rushed and the staff made us feel welcome throughout even though a good portion of our group were children. This was a great experience and we feel strongly that we will go back another time. A job well done.

Reviewed July 13, 2016

Hostess is very welcoming and charismatic and the waiters are just great and accomodating. We had a great time on the front terrasse. Food is good and so is the value for money. Will definitely come back!

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

We actually waited in line for breakfast to Restaurant Peche Matinal but could not wait any longer and made a terrible mistake and went to Messina Restaurant instead .
Everything we ordered was terrible Poutine with egg and cheese was very disappointing. Arrived warm with potatoes that were not cooked and very greasy. Waffles were not warm and had 6 berries(description mentioned fruit). Frittata was so/so with super oily potatoes as side dish.
All meals are over priced $15 and up.
Waitress was very nice and the place had comfortable furniture
Will never return

Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Been there many times, friends and let me tell you, the service is great and the waiters are always looking to see who needs anything not like some other Italian restaurants I know that are always at the bar talking to clients drinking. And the food at Messina is top with the owner always there making sure you are enjoying the food and having a good evening. Definitely going back.

Reviewed May 7, 2016

So it's mother's day, you expect the service a bit slow but our floor was empty, we were 9, no drinkers, just water, soft drinks and coffee in our bunch and 3 hours later, we finally got to leave. I had read on their website that they had "portions gigantesques", it was not the case; soup, main course (small), desert and we were all still hungry. I expected a bit more from "gigantesque" considering the hefty price.

Turtle pace service, where did she go! Poor girl was alone to serve us but like I wrote, we were alone on the main floor. Where did she go. If there was more on the plate and a presence, it would have been nice. By the way, on their website they wrote "mother's eat for free", that too not the case, we paid for all 9 of us, 4 mothers, mine is 84. Don't think I'll be back. The food was good but not enough, I was expecting grated parmesan for my pasta, no, just pepper. Take those dry nachos off your menu. But reviews were good, must have been a bad day for this restaurant.

1  Thank thew0rldismybackyard