“Expensive Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2017

On Sept 23,2017 we celebrated my uncles birthday at Messina. There was 30 of us, so we had the group menu with a choice of 3 meals. The cost of the meal was $37. The meals all had a white sauce covering the main part, I had the veal and the meat was cold, I checked with others and they said the same. At this cost you expect a hot and appetizing meal. It was awful. The service and staff we helpful and friendly. I would not go or recommend this place.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Then atmosphere at this restaurant is quite charming and inviting. You can sit back and relax. Service was great. The food is the only thing that people complained about as it was just ok.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 21, 2017

My friend and I, along with two kids spent the day in Montreal (coming from Ottawa) and we were looking for a place to eat and so we typed in "Italian Montreal" and got Messina. We didn't no what to expect but were blown away by the food and atmosphere. The bread was to die for and we ordered both the pizza and pasta and both were amazing. The waiting staff were very friendly and spoke english. The food was so good, we decided to order the tiramisu cake which was also very good.

If you're looking for good Italian in Montreal, go here! I'm definitely coming back here soon.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Alissa D
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Wow ... great place , food ,service will be back for sure ...I was there last summer and visited last week with friends , everyone enjoyed there night ... keep up the great work

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2016

Last week I attended a friend's retirement party at this restaurant. The upstairs hall was a great spot and easily accommodated 70+ who attended. I was greeted by a server who gave me a numbered card that I used to order a drink and later supper. The card number is linked to your name and enables them to keep track of who ordered what when serving and billing. Great idea! They offered a menu with 5 choices for $25. I had the veal plate which was alright and might have been better had it been hot. The problem wasn't with the restaurant but the timing of speeches in the midst of the serving of the food (people waited for the speaker to finish before commencing to eat).

Date of visit: October 2016