See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Cost me $20 per night on a deal and the place was fantastic; 10 days during the Grand Prix; the dorm room I had virtually on my own in the annex was spotlessly clean.

A great location too, downtown was a short walk away as was the no.1 metro interchange [Berri-UQAM]

I'd give the place six stars if I could.

Cheers Harry.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I made a last minute trip to Montreal for a busy weekend. When I called around many hotels were booked, and it was impossible to get a room for two nights. Thanks to Google, I found Hotel Jazz. When I called they had a room and a parking spot available.

When we arrived, the hosts welcomed us, and directed us to our room on the third floor. Our room came with a comfortable bed (queen or king, not sure, but there was plenty of room for the both of us), armoire with a mini fridge inside, a great view, and a desk to easily enjoy the wireless internet.

My only critiques are the bathroom and the stairs. Although stairs are not an issue for me, there is no elevator available, and no ramps to get inside. Also, the bathrooms in the rooms are very small. Also, if you are a late riser you will miss the breakfast that is served every morning.

The breakfast was very good, and worth getting up I believe it is from 08:00 until 9:30). Even if you have to go back to bed afterwards, give the breakfast a try. The have a wonderful selection of fruit, yogourt, bread, cereal, juice, coffee and tea. In addition, the host make a hot foods. My first evening it was eggs and hash brown ( I do not eat meat so I do not recall if they offered bacon or sausage). On the second day, she made delightful crepes.

Since my stay here, I have recommended it to several people, and I would go back there to stay again. I forgot to mention that the location is amazing. it is right in the heart of the Latin Quarter, and close to the Metro.

3  Thank persephone1021
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I was at conference in Montreal and wanted small homely hotel or bed and breakfast.
The Jazz hotel great, easy to get to , 4 minutes walk from airport coach. 2 minutes from central metro station .
The hosts a great friendly couple, got detailed information on places to visit, where to get tickets for shows, and saw others also getting same friendly service. Rooms large, good shower ( bathroom a little small but spotlessly clean, air conditioning and beds great.
Breakfast was amazing and fresh each morning , pancakes or fry. It was good large breakfast and kept you well through the day .
Price good
great fast free internet
so now you understand the title,, will be back there again ,

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Nice rooms, very friendly crew, good neighborhood and easy access to downtown.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

I can't wait to go back to Montreal and stay here again -- what a treat! When I called to book the room (which was last minute), they did not take my credit card number even after I asked if they wanted it. They just requested if I changed my mind about the room to please call them back right away. I was a bit nervous on the two-hour drive to Montreal that we would not have a room when we arrived but we did and it was beautiful.

There are eight rooms at the Hotel Jazz and ours was on the third floor. Our room had a private bathroom, an armoir that hid a mini-fridge, TV, love seat, desk just the right size for your laptop, king-size bed, A/C, a beautiful exposed brick wall, beautiful artwork and a crystal chandelier. The bathroom was tiny but we just found it cute, especially the corner shower stall. When I closed the door on the shower, I felt like I was in a transporter tube in some science fiction movie.

A scrumptious breakfast was included with our room although you need to get up early (8:30-9:30) which can be tough if you have been out late. The buffet included: coffee, tea, OJ, yogurt, fresh locally made bagels, pastries, fresh fruit, herbed tomatoes As if that wasn't enough, there was an attendent who made us our eggs to order with bacon. YUM! If you are going to partake in the breakfast, go early for the best choice of buffet food and so you won't have to wait for a table.

The only thing I can think of that might not work for some people is they do not have an elevator. Otherwise, they are in a great location, the staff was helpful, friendly and courteous, they threw in our parking for free (perhaps because we got their last room which was more expensive?) and the place was clean. We will definitely go back.

2  Thank RockingGiraffe