“A wonderful end to a not so wonderful day.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport
Ranked #82 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Canada
“A wonderful end to a not so wonderful day.”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I was flying from Winnipeg to Moncton when my flight was delayed and delayed and delayed making me miss my connecting flight in Montreal. After travelling and being in an airport all day I was in a pretty bad mood. Air Canada put me up in the Crowne Plaza as part of their Trip interruption program. All I can say is Wow. Took the shuttle from the airport and check in was a breeze. There was a very loud wedding going on so I asked to not be put on that floor since I had a 6AM flight. They nicely put me on their "Quiet" floor. The room was beautiful and the bed had 6 pillows on it and a kit with earplugs, a sleep mask and linen spray. I went to the bar to get something to eat because I hadnt eaten dinner and even though it was 15 min before they closed the kitchen they still put the order through and the food came out quickly with wonderful service. If I am ever in Montreal again I will definately stay at the Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
CPMTL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

For those of us in the hospitality business, there are few things more rewarding than reading a review like yours. To know that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay after your frustrating and exhausting day is deeply satisfying. On behalf of the entire staff we want to thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I stayed here for two nights at the end of December 2011. The hotel staff here are friendly and efficient. Rooms are fair sized with a new flat screen t.v., coffee maker, fridge, clock radio, and the usual extras. Had the Prime Rib dinner special one night in the restaurant. It was decent value at $22.95 and included choice of salad or soup of the day, baked potato and vegetables, and of course the large portion of prime rib. The house wine is fairly priced at $17 per half litre. There aren't many other food options around here. However, when you walk out of the hotel, and turn left, a couple of buildings down (I think the address is 1700) there is a cafe inside an office building, which serves delicious and inexpensive breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday. Just walk in the front door you will easily spot it. Other than that, overall, I would easily stay here again. Wi-fi is also included, and apparently they offer a free transfer to Trudeau International Airport.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SimonYYZ
CPMTL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments, we are always so happy when receiving feedback from a satisfied guest. It was great to hear that our staff, in room amenities, free wireless internet service and restaurant were all to your liking. To expand on your last comment, indeed we do offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from Trudeau International Airport, which runs 24 hours/day, every 30 minutes, 7 days/week. Once again we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we look forward to hosting you soon.

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I stayed here for three nights while on a business trip. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The bed was clean and comfortable, the room was tidy, however; the building is old and weathered. The caulk in the shower was covered in mould, but since I wasn't sleeping in the tub, it didn't bother me too much. The restaurant, although seriously dated by its taffeta drapes, mustard coloured table clothes and old silk plant in the middle of the room, I have to admit, the prime rib meal was very good, and very affordable. Due to the location, I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We were especially pleased with your kind words regarding our wonderful staff, clean and comfortable guest rooms, and our restaurant. We sincerely look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Montreal.

Toronto
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel because I was attending a wedding there. The actual bedroom was spacious (king room had room for a couch), but the bed wasn't very comfortable for me. Not sure what was going on with blanket/duvet, but it was hard to fall asleep with it (felt rough). The bathroom was tiny, and quite retro. Needs to be renovated. Again, let me re-iterate "tiny." Bring your own toiletries. The brand they had (not a brand I know) did not cut it for me.

Check-in staff were nice enough, although there weren't enough behind the desk when I was checking in. I am disappointed by the lack of service when I told them that I had lost something in one of the banquet halls. The halls are probably under separate management, but I am disappointed that no one has called me back to this day (I even left my cell number).

I've stayed at other hotels by the airport, and there are plenty of better options. Note: the hotel is a 5 min drive from the airport, and about a 30 min drive from downtown Montreal.

Happy travels!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We were glad to hear that you were pleased with the spacious rooms and with the service of our staff. However we are concerned with the fact that you were not contacted regarding your missing item claim. If this issue has not yet been resolved, please let us know by calling us at 1-877-344-1999, so we can ensure that all proper steps to locate and return the item are taken.

Senglea, Malta
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I recently needed a reasonably priced hotel near the airport, so I chose what I thought would be a chain with a good name. Unfortunately, no matter how nice the people were, it is in desperate need of a makeover. The carpets and hallways were dirty, the elevators take forever to get up and down, the room not clean (paint, carpet, bathroom tiles), but certainly a layover place for travelers. That being said, it was reasonably priced and convenient to the airport with a free shuttle that left very early in the morning.

So one or two nights maximum is my advice, and you should survive.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
CPMTL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Montreal Airport, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We were happy to hear that our location in proximity to Trudeau International Airport, coupled with our 24hr/day free shuttle service was satisfactory. We would also like to thank you for your positive comments on our friendly and helpful staff, something we are very proud of. We were disappointed to hear that you were less than pleased with the hotel’s appearance, and especially concerned with your comments on room cleanliness, which has been addressed with our housekeeping manager. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

France
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The Crowne Plaza is around 10-15 minutes drive from Montreal's Trudeau airport and a free shuttle runs every 30 minutes. I have platinum status with ICHotels so I was upgraded to a corner suite on arrival and found the room, hotel, staff - everything to be of the standard I expect from this hotel chain. I can't speak for the restaurant as I didn't use it but the bar and bar food were fine. You don't usually get many surprises from this hotel chain and this was no exception. There are a lot of hotels around Trudeau so you have your choice (including at least 2 Holiday Inn's within stone-throwing distance of this Crowne Plaza). I chose to stay at this hotel on this occasion because of price and generally was not disappointed.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport. We would also like to thank you, as a Platinum Priority Club member for your continued patronage; it is greatly appreciated by all. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly working hard to meet and exceed your expectations and it’s always wonderful to know that we’ve succeeded. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you soon.

jfcovi
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I am actually writing the review from the hotel. Rooms are clean, modern, spacious. Location is not optimal and the service is a bit shaky. I had to phone several Times for a room service order. Staff is friendly and helpful. Property is Nice but not so well located .

Taxi fare from YUL costs 16 CAD

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Valued Customer,

On behalf of our entire staff we would like to thank you for your positive comments. We go to great lengths to ensure that our guestrooms are always clean and comfortable. We were however disappointed to hear that you were less than pleased with the speed of our room service. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. With regards to our location, we are conveniently located approximately 8 minutes from Trudeau International Airport and approximately 15 minutes from Downtown Montreal. As an alternative to the taxi fare you mentioned, we offer a free 24 hour shuttle bus service to and from Trudeau International Airport, which runs every 30 minutes. Once again we thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next stop in Montreal.

Regards,