“A wonderful visit”

Barbie Expo
Ranked #3 of 374 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: This is not Barbie as you once knew her! The Barbie Expo, conveniently located in the heart of downtown, in Les Cours Mont Royal, Montreal’s most prestigious upscale shopping mall, is a brilliant and exciting way to showcase the haute couture fashion available at the exclusive flagship boutiques within the mall. The stunning display houses over 1000 dolls, and is the largest permanent Barbie doll Expo in the world! A truly incredible selection of world-renowned designers have magnificently fashioned breathtaking outfits for every possible occasion—all of them modeled by the 11.5 inch fashion icon herself. Admission is free. Designers on display include Christian Dior, Donna Karan, Armani, Ralph Laurent, Vera Wang, Bill Blass, Oscar de la Renta, Christian Louboutin, Zac Posen, Carolina Herrera, Bob Mackie, and many other authentic fashion all-stars!
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

My 6 year old exclaimed, ‘This is the best day ever!’ when she and her 8 year old sister first saw the amazing wonder that is the Barbie Expo. It was a magical experience for them not only to see the beautiful designs that adorned the dolls, but to see such iconic figures from the entertainment world in miniature form. There was representation from Elvis, Superheroes, to the two protagonists from the Divergent movie. It allowed myself and my husband to talk to the kids about our own childhood memories.

We especially enjoyed seeing the dolls from around the world as it was the first time my girls saw a Barbie dressed in our traditional dress - the Hanbok.

We highly recommend this experience not only for little kids who love Barbie, but for anyone who enjoys fashion, beautiful displays, and a trip down memory lane.

2  Thank Susc1977
in 12 reviews
"underground mall"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came across this event accidentally while vacationing in Montreal. So -o cool. Barbie doll display of epic size. Plus my chance to pretent to be Barbie in a life size pink box. My dream come true. Must see for anyone in fashion industry or Barbie fan. Even my husband was in awe.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

This expo is great!! Have never seen something like this before. Have enjoyed the different looks of Barbie with diffeeent elegant clothes and it is all for free !!!

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Serendipity to find the Barbie expo. Gorgeous display of dolls in a glamorous setting. Timeless. Evokes fond memories of playing with my dolls.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Ok I must admit I'm not really into Barbie, but I was most impressed by the size and stunning presentation of this show. The artists that customized these dolls are amazingly skilled, their passion oozing from every tiny hem and eyelash. Bob Mackie was a standout of course, but I also enjoyed the often offbeat production dolls such as Joan Jett, Vitamin C, and the Munsters. We were also amused by the human-sized doll box that visitors can get inside for a cute photo op. The presentation was museum-quality, each doll well lit and posed with care. We spent well over an hour at the exhibit and although I was dragged along initially, I never got bored. Is there a book in the works for this show? If not, there should be.