“Great hotel & service!”

Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto
“Great hotel & service!”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

After booking on Hotwire, my wife and I stayed here for 2 nights to attend a friend's wedding in old Montreal and we were very impressed. Great location, super friendly and attentive staff, spacious room, clean and professional. Stéphanie at the front desk called our room 15 minutes after we settled in just to check that everything was to our liking. What a great touch! If you go "green" and choose not to have linens/towels changed, you get either $5 at the restaurant or SPG points. Also a nice touch. We had a great sitting area, relaxing 'spa' music and free water, coffee & tea to enjoy. The room would also be great for business: huge desk, lots of sockets & ports. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Bonjour academia_nut, thank you for having posted your stay’s details online. It was a pleasure having you with us and we certainly hope to have you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I usually try and stay at Starwood properties, and the Westin was a great choice this time again. Very nice room, and nice hotel in general. Only had breakfast once there, and the buffet was very good. The hotel was fairly quiet that week.

I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear RemsterAZ, I am glad to read Le Westin was up to your expectations. Thank you for choosing Starwood hotels and resorts around the world!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2012 via mobile

Starting with the location we are very happy we selected this hotel. For our taste we found it the perfect location close to Old Montreal where we spent more time than we expected to do so. Lots of charm and nice places to eat just a few blocks away. The staff was pleasant. Everything from the lobby to the halls to the room was very nice. We had a standard king room which was very spacious and tastefully decorated in calm colors with a very up to dat bathroom which was spotlessly clean. Maid service was top notch. We felt this area to be very safe and much nicer than the village which we were very disappointed with. We also preferred it to the downtown shopping area. We have high expectations in our hotel selection and this hotel did not disappoint us.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelGuyFLA
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear AirlineGuyFLA, I am happy to read you have enjoyed Le Westin’s facilities and location. Old Montreal has boomed lately, and is much livelier that it used to be. Thank you kindly for mentioning the hard work done by the maid; I will make sure your review is shared with the housekeeping department. Au revoir!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Have stayed for business and with the family. Truly my favourite in MTL.

The glass bottom pool is fun (specially for the kids) although a bit small (three families and it is overflowing) the service is impeccable, kids get to see some celebrities and if you are an SPG member likely free buffet breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank neocattivik
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I spent the weekend at the Le Westin Montreal with my husband and we had a great time. The Westin is located in a perfect spot walking distance to a lot of the attractions and great dining options. It also is a few blocks from the Metro which can easily get you to the attractions that are not walking distance.

In terms of the hotel it was great overall... exactly what you would expect from a Westin; heavenly beds, clean aesthetic, great service and a nice room product. We were in a corner deluxe room which had city views, nothing spectacular, but very nice. Bathroom was spacious (no tub if that matters to you) and there were outlets next to the bed a HUGE plus that most hotels fail to see the value in so kudos for that.

As a platinum SPG member I received free breakfast and a free wine or beer in the bar for happy hour which was a nice touch. I also received access to the concierge level which to be honest was lacking - granola bars and drinks, but nothing else. It is basically a converted suite with a desktop computer and printer. I think a good concierge level is such a bonus to a hotel especially a higher end chain product, so I feel this is where this Westin fell short. I also received free wi-fi in the room, but due to the old concrete pillars in our room / the corner location it barely worked. If you need this aspect of the hotel for business or whatever make sure you request a room that has a strong signal.

The concierge was super helpful before my arrival and gave me a great restaurant recommendation (Venti in Old Montreal), but wasn't staffed on the weekend at least when we went by. Lastly, (and this may be knit picky) it was my husband's 30th birthday which I mentioned to the concierge and on the hotel website when I made the reservation and the birthday was never acknowledged either verbally or with a small amenity. I just think the way to a clients heart is with the small gestures and this made me a little sad with the lack of attention to this detail.

All in all this is a great hotel that is comfortable, clean, high end and in a great part of the city! Happy travels!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Merci, Samhope, for sharing the details of your recent visit. Your comments about the Concierge level are extremely valued; in fact, you may have seen a questionnaire in the lounge related to this topic. I am glad to read you’ve enjoyed the location and hope to welcome you again in the near future! Be well,
Mount Pearl, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We have been there in the past and I gave it a 5 all around. This time it is a 2. There was unacceptable level of cleanliness in the bathroom and also very ackward layout of the bathroom that made it very difficult to use.

The personel was helpful but unapologetic about the problems.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank The_Rock_50
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Madelinot, I apologize myself for the inconsistency and can only ensure you that I will do everything in my power to get back that “5” ranking. Thank you for sharing your disappointment with us, as it allows the entire team to get better. Best regards,
canada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here on a girls weekend with my daughter. Service was friendly and accommodating. The concierge was particularly helpful in recommending restaurants and shops. The hotel was very clean. My daughter enjoyed the glass-bottom pool in particular. The location was excellent. Mere steps to old Montreal and china town. We also explored museums, shopping, and parks-all on foot from our hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank travellingsooncanada
yanlap, General Manager at Le Westin Montreal, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Bonjour travellingsoon, thank you for your review. It sounds like you had some good family time and I hope you have managed to find some time to relax in the comfort of your Heavenly Bed at night! Au revoir,