“Freaky, weird, scary”
Review of Celebrities Hotel

Celebrities Hotel
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Ok, I saw this hotel online and it looked rather nice and cool. We booked a large room with a king bed and supposedly private restroom for which we paid around $250 for 2 nights.

The room was the weirdest ever, it was one long corridor leading up to our bedroom, from the bedroom it was another door leading to an upstairs bedroom and a downstairs exit. The exit door was busted, someone had obviously tried to break in there. My husband managed to close and lock it so it made me feel a bit better...It was very close that we just left but another couple living next to us made me feel a bit safer since they seemed to be normal, nice people. We ended up sharing the restroom which was the worst restroom I ever had, you could not even see how u looked like in the mirror because the lighting was so bad.

And about the parking, the hotel recommended us to park in a parking lot u pay for, a block away. And guess what, the car got robbed! Someone slammed a brick through the window and stole a bunch of tools my husband had in the car. It was awful!!!
In sum, STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AND PARKING LOT!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sybil100

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at this motel last weekend. The toilet wouldn't flush. I went to the front desk and they handed me a plunger.

The sheets and comforter were littered with bed bugs. I immediately reported it to the front desk and they became defensive. I am still trying to get a refund for my stay as I checked out of the motel early.

I reported it to Health Canada. This motel should be condemned. The service and accommodations were unacceptable.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank jennifer y
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Single room, shared bath, cheap
Overall ok for the money. Location is high point.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2011

It was dirty, ugly, smelled bad and the air conditioner barely worked. There is no parking, the staff is rude and the breakfast was awful! This was the worst hotel experience of my entire life!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank KSelway
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The main downside of Hotel Celebrities is that the rooms are not ensuite, so you have to use a shared bathroom. However, as this is reflected in the price, this should not be a problem as long as you know what you're getting yourself in for. When I stayed, the bathroom was perfectly clean and right outside my room so I didn't need to worry about walking down a chilly corridor in nothing but a towel.

I booked with expedia, which meant that I got breakfast included, but my recommendation would be not to bother with it. Referred to as a "continental breakfast", it was two slices of white bread and a bagel, some butter and jam, and coffee. Not very appetising or filling-I ended up at Tim Horton's getting the breakfast special about an hour later.

The rooms are clean and serviceable, and towels are provided. My room even had a desk and a TV. I went alone this time, but if I went back to Montreal I'd maybe stay again, but with friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Kafferz
Reviewed 17 August 2011

after sweet week-end, just said tahnk you to this hotel, really glad to got a nice stay in Montreal, staff friendly and room absoluty faulous...

Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We went with another couple to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversaries. Our room was very small and had a shower next to the bed. Our toilet was in a closet with a curtain as the door. We had multi levels in the room and tripped alot. We also kept blowing the electric circuit because there were not many outlets. But, over all, the staff spoke excellent english and they were very helpful. The hospital across the street was a very interesting sight, especially at 2 in the morning. The hotel has no elevator and lots of stairs. We ate at the diner next door which was wonderful! The staff and owner were very helpful and the food was great. We felt we were in a great location within the city. Saint Catherine's street was a close walk. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in RM 306, it was very interesting and clean.