All reviews modern hotel room service construction project rooftop terrace black and white photos open lobby congress center amazingly comfortable bed nespresso pods old montreal room phone toilet and shower standard room business visit corner suite cheaper parking rain head
Reviewed September 22, 2018

Very nice clean modern hotel in a good location to explore the city by foot. Unfortunately there was roadworks going on all around the town which made the driving to the hotel a little stressful. Room was very modern and clean.

Date of stay: August 2018
AbirS115, Front Office Manager at Hotel Monville, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for this review. We are happy to hear that you liked our hotel.

It is currently Montreal's building season, and as we are located in the heart of the action, there is construction happening in the area, outside of the hotel. Unfortunately, this was out of our control but construction should be completed soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

I spent a couple of days here in business meetings. I didn't have a room, so I can't speak to that aspect of the hotel. On the plus side, the conference rooms have a great view, up on the top (20th) floor of the hotel. The food they served for our meals and snacks was quite good, with a nice variety. The Thursday night happy hour down at the lobby bar was very vibrant, with really tasty cocktails. On the downside, the valet was beyond rude to me and to one of my colleagues, which find unacceptable. The conference rooms did not have integrated power sources, so there were extension cords crisscrossing the room, which were both ugly and a safety hazard. I would have expected a hotel that was just built to have had thought this through.

I would still go back, though, under the right circumstances.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to Monville.

We are sorry to hear that you had some issues with one of our valet and the power sources as well. Please make sure that some solutions will be put in place to fix these issues.

Hope to see you again at Monville.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

I initially had some issues dealing with their reservation agent - trying to change a reservation. She was rude and unwilling to help resolve my issue. That was extremely disappointing, and stressful when you are landing in Montreal the next day.

A few hours later, management and booking.com were able to resolve my issue and I had a pleasant stay. Thank you for that.

The rooms are minimalistic, no irons, however, efficiently designed.
Modern clean furniture, and better beds than the Westin - where I stayed for 9 days prior to arriving at Hotel Monville!

Rain shower was nice.
Vegan and sulfite-free products are nice to have!
Check in was seamless.
Gym was awesome.
Servers at the bar were hit or miss, some were really great - some were extremely slow at everything.
Elevators were quick (always a bonus!)
Streaming phone to tv to watch Netflix - so good!

Hopefully when the construction ends, the entrance will be more welcoming. For now, its a bit chaotic.

Oh did I say the bed was awesome?

Thanks Hotel Monville - for making me feel at home.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Shafina H

Hi Shafina,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Monville! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2018

I was there with a group for a 2 day meeting. Meeting room was great so were the sleeping rooms. Food served during our meetings was also very good. The staff is friendly and the hotel is well located near old Montreal.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
AbirS115, Front Office Manager at Hotel Monville, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Dear Eric,

Thank you for this review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Monville. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Luckily, our stay was much better than our first impression. We arrived at 9pm to find the hotel surrounded by construction barriers and no one working the Valet desk. It was a frenetic 10 minutes while we found a tiny place to park our car and run into the hotel to find the front desk clerk to find out if there was parking/where the valet was. Finally, we tracked down the parking valet and were able to check into our hotel and finish our 14 hour day. It turned out to be a nice stay for us but it started off badly

• Trip type: Travelled with family
AbirS115, Front Office Manager at Hotel Monville, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

It is currently Montreal's building season, and as we are located in the heart of the action, there is construction happening in the area, outside of the hotel. Unfortunately, this was out of our control but construction should be completed in three weeks. You can rest assured that our team is currently discussing the valet services to come up with solutions to fix this issue.
Hope to see you again at Monville!