All reviews bar george toto toilet drummond street smart home rainforest shower the heated toilet seat bathroom design latest technology stone building room features hotel including two sinks heated floors great hotel in montreal star service rooms are beautiful helpful concierge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel and location. Lovely service and a warm and gracious greeting. Room had all the mod cons one expects from a luxury property as well as very comfortable bedding. I travel on business for a highly rated hotel and I appreciate the time and energy that goes into creating a wonderful guest experience. The event I attended was catered with chef hosted stations as well as passed canapes. All that I tasted was great. Le Mount Stephen is my new favorite in Montreal.

Room Tip: Very quiet for a downtown hotel. I was on the 8th floor
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank moneypenny2005
LMS-ConciergeService, Senior Concierge at Le Mount Stephen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Residents,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are grateful for your kind words about our property, food and beverage and the client experience. We will be glad to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,

Maxime Martin,
Senior concierge

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Perhaps one of my favorite and most memorable hotel stays in my life. I just loved our guestroom - it was so comfortable and well designed; and the public spaces in this hotel were nothing short of exceptional. We dined at Bar George twice because it was that charming. Everyone we met on staff was exceptional - especially Maxime at Concierge. This is a fancy place (beautiful hallways and guestroom doors) and it was a splurge for us, but I am so happy I did so here and not at the Ritz Carleton up the street. I am more independant and love the less traveled road. This hotel is obviously part of the same Canadian Rail dynasty and the grandeur is so lush and satisfying. It was a priviledge to stay there. Also it is well located to all Montreal attractions. And I still found the price I paid to be a tremendous value given the luxury.

Room Tip: Double queen bedded room was a good value.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sfdann

Dear Resident,

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.

We pride ourselves in offering a personalized and attentive service to all of our residence. We would be delighted to welcome your back to Le Mount Stephen on your next trip to Montreal.

Maxime Martin, Senior Concierge

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Le Mount Stephen is a new, modern boutique hotel built around an old Montreal mansion; the combination of old and new is elegantly achieved. Service is excellent; the rooms are technologically advanced but not complex; and the Bar George is a happening place. The hotel is well located, in the vicinity of the Ritz and Sofitel (and soon-to-be Four Seasons). In addition to its rooms, Le Mount Stephen has private rooms for meetings, dining and receptions.

Room Tip: room away from elevator
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff E

Dear Residents,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. We are glad you mentioned the beauty of our establishment and the quality of our in-room technologies.

We are looking forward to welcome you back,

Maxime Martin
Concierge Senior

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel but couldn’t. The entrance through the grand historic building is pretty until you reach the blinding lights of the lobby. I love good modern design but this hotel doesn’t have it. The atmosphere is unwelcoming and feels cheap. We stayed in a terrace suite, thinking it would be cozy with a gas fireplace. The advertised “fireplace” is a rotating screen with fake coals that don’t put out heat. The mostly black bathroom had a worn-out shower door that nearly refused to open. The light scheme in the room was either sterile like a doctor’s office or too dim to maneuver. The trying-too-hard-to-be-trendy bathroom, busy carpet, tacky artwork, dizzying Vegas-esque hallways and corporate hotel style furniture are ridiculous for the price. The design issues are a shame because the raw room space and terrace are beautiful. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly/accommodating. Breakfast was average (including a very cranky server who eventually warmed up to us). There are lots of nice hotels in Montréal. I suggest finding one and staying there.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2018

My wife and I stayed at Mount Stephan for two nights for a weekend getaway. I was attracted to the architecture of the building's facade and overall good reviews. We were not disappointed. The hotel was originally a social club in the 1920s and the foyer, adjoining private meeting rooms and Bar George are rich with woodwork, fireplaces, stained glass, and interesting artwork. Breakfasting in Bar George is civilized and cozy. The lobby is modern, but the presence of an ornate grand piano and other vintage pieces help it serve as an aesthetic bridge from the traditional entrance to the modern hotel rooms. The Jr. Suite was larger than expected, completely modern and full of technology, with a lush and comfortable bed. Service was impeccable and personable, with plenty of staff to take care of every need; we never waited for anything. Walking distance from Old Montreal, Le Mount Stephan is the perfect place to stay and enjoy this section of the city. Of the other 5-star hotels in the area, I thought the pricing was very reasonable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
LMS-ConciergeService, Senior concierge at Le Mount Stephen, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear Resident,

We are more than happy that you enjoyed your stay at Le Mount Stephen. Your kind words and gratitude regarding our staff will be passed on and appreciated. Once more thank you for taking your time and writing such a nice review and we do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Best regards,