1,898 results
All reviews river view old port taverne gaspar exposed beams vieux port rooftop bar the main hotel lawrence river charming hotel crepes paul street fifth floor breakfast was included attached restaurant the entire staff great shower large windows
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We loved the hotel's location, the room was really great, all wood floors, brick walls and the old warehouse beams left exposed, the lounge is a great retreat and the staff were very friendly. But we were very disappointed on arrival to be told the port view room that we had booked was not available - even though it was confirmed when we had booked 2 months before. We were given a rather lengthy and we felt not entirely accurate spiel by the guest manager upon arrival, and offered a bottle of wine instead, but we wanted a room with a view, not a bottle of wine. I felt if I had really kicked up a fuss something might have happened, but who wants to start a weekend like that when treating one's wife for her birthday? Also, the wifi signal was too weak to work in the room - you had to go to the lounge to get it to work. I did not even bother complaining because I heard another guest raising exactly the same issue and being given a disingenuous response.

Room Tip: Rooms looking across the port get the sun.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience you had.
We sincerely apologize for the category change that happened.
After speaking with you at check in, we were sure that everything was fine and you were satisfied with the explanation we gave you.
Had we known that you were that disappointed, it would’ve been our pleasure to find another solution.

As per the Wi-Fi I could reassure you that we already have technicians working on making the connection better in the Auberge.

We are pleased to hear that you appreciated the beauty and the history of the building.
I will also let the staff know that you found them all very friendly.

We are sorry that we were not able to meet all your expectations and we hope that you will give us the chance of making up for it when you return to Montreal.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were made to feel welcome. The door man greeted us with a huge smile and check in was an easy pleasant experience. The staff were great.
Our room, a queen lux river view, was beautiful..........just like on the website........exposed stone and massive beams.
What spoilt it for me was this is the first hotel I have stayed at ( and I have stayed in a lot ) that did not have tea & coffee making facilities in the room........and I misssed not having a cuppa when we arrived. Also although the bathroom looked wonderful, I could not work out how to use the shower properly. I am not a stupid person and I have nether had a problem working out the different fittings at other places but this one had me stumped. After pushing and pulling all the different knobs I ended up having a semi cold shower. My husband eventually worked it out but it was too late for me. A little " how to use " sign would have been handy.
The other thing that dissapointed me was there was no information in the room about the hotel, it's history, it's facilities and information about what to see and do in the local area. Not a big problem but it would have been nice had it been available.
Based on the attitude of the staff, the location and the room decore, I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Really nice hotel, valet parking by very friendly, helpful concierge staff. The room was really well appointed with a very comfortable bed and all fitted out to a very high standard. The breakfast was really good, with good service. The hotel is located in the quieter part of the old town but still close enough to walk to most of the attractions of the city.

The manager was especially great in helping us sort a problem out with one of our credit cards.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A three night stay in Old Montreal was made comfortable and convenient by the outstanding staff at this quaint up to date hotel. The awards for outstanding service that have been earned by the staff are well deserved. The location is perfect, the view of the Port impressive and the overall experience is one to be enjoyed and repeated.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Port side are quiet and offer a spectatular view of the area.
Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This historical little hotel is right in the heart of Old Montreal. It's the perfect spot to stay in the summer to walk to everything. The hotel is right at the port on St. Paul Street, some of the rooms overlook the port and at the north side of the hotel they overlook the cobbled streets and restaurants.
This hotel also has another location around the corner that offers long term stay facilities.

The room we stayed in had old wood floors, original stone walls and great long windows that opened to face out on to Old Montreal activity. There is a roof top bar that is the perfect spot to sit with a bevy on a sunny day and watch the activity in the port.
Great service, very friendly staff, and a wonderful little restaurant onsite for breakfast.

We will visit again during the Jazz Festival

Room Tip: We asked for the room in the picture on the web site - and they guaranteed it for us. Great room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple