1,914 results
All reviews old port river view taverne gaspar exposed beams vieux port rooftop bar the main hotel lawrence river charming hotel crepes fifth floor paul street street noise breakfast was included attached restaurant the entire staff great shower
Reviewed April 15, 2018

The property is well maintained, the room immaculate, the staff was attentive and very helpful without being overbearing. The shower was amazing with good water pressure and multiple shower heads. The bedroom was nicely decorated The stay exceeded our expectations and we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Bonjour fran1024,

To hear that you will be back, truly, makes us all so very happy and thank you for sharing your experience on here.
We do hope that you will be back very soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with unique architecture. Extremely comfortable rooms with all the amenities you could ask for. Great staff especially Laura the concierge, she made fantastic recommendations on what to do, where to eat and even helped us get reduced price tickets to the Aura light show and museums.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Belizedreaming,

I am so grateful that you took the time to share your comments on here as it's important to us how your stay went.
It will make Lara so happy to hear that you've enjoyed and appreciated her recommendations.
I do speak on behalf of everyone when I say that we do look forward to welcome you back, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

We recently travelled to Old Montreal for the weekend to celebrate my husband’s 70th birthday. We could not a picked a nicer place to stay! The ambiance was lovely and relaxing. We were able to spend a relaxing hour in the lobby enjoying a glass of wine before dinner. Our room had a beautiful view, was spotlessly clean, and probably had the most comfortable bed we’ve ever slept in! Every staff member we met, both in the hotel and in the Taverne Gaspar was friendly and helpful. The walking tour map of Old Montreal was appreciated, and the treats in the room were an extra bonus :) We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go from the hotel. Just a super weekend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Michael C, Guest Relations Manager at Auberge du Vieux-Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Bonjour Karrie M,

To hear that you had a super weekend with us truly makes all so very happy.
Thank you so much for sharing it on here, we are hopeful that you’ll be coming back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

My boyfriend and I are locals and decided to have a "staycation" for our anniversary. Being from Montreal, we wanted to be sure the hotel we chose would give us a different taste of our city and be worth the money (seeing how we could just stay home). We tend to avoid Old Montreal as it's a tourist-y area, but we were right to choose this spot because it's somewhere we rarely go. That said, the location is great and romantic and the staff are kind. The staff is also bilingual so English won't be a problem. The room was beautiful and spacious and ultimately we were so pleased with our stay. This place is worth every penny.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Bonjour F R,

It honestly put a smile on my face to hear that you chose us for your staycation.
I do speak on behalf of the entire Staff when I say that it was a pleasure welcoming you and we do look forward to have you come back, for another stay or a just a hello.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an overnight at Auberge du Vieux Port. We decided to drive to Montreal from NH for my 58th birthday. The front desk staff were very welcoming: valets were extremely accommodating. The valet parked the car and for the next 24 hours we ate, drank and played tourist in Old Montreal. The room was absolutely fabulous. The in-house restaurant and bar are excellent. The breakfast on Monday morning was absolutely delicious. There is nothing more that we could’ve asked for in a hotel. We will definitely stay there again (a longer stay, hopefully). we highly recommend it. We LOVE this hotel and staff. A big thank you to the staff for the lovely assortment of Macarons for my birthday.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple