“Area!”

US$55.64*
Montreal Bike Tour with Bites
Ranked #31 of 426 things to do in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: This major plaza in Old Montreal, built in the 17th century, once served as the training grounds for the military.
Reviewed 5 November 2011

Great area! Everything is there, all kinds of food, subway station etc.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

My significant other and I stayed here in Oct. 2011 for three nights. It was our first trip to Montreal and we wanted something unique and comfortable.

The Place D'Armes fit the bill pretty nicely. I've stayed in Paris a couple of times, and this hotel reminds me of my stays there, except the rooms are much larger here than in Paris.

Our room (1302) was in building #1 (there are a couple of older, interconnected buildings that make up the hotel) and right on the corner of the building. The room was very bright, with three tall windows and a 12-foot tray ceiling. Wood floor, no carpeting like you'd get in most American rooms.

Pluses? The room made us feel like we were truly in Montreal. The Basilica Notre Dame is just a few yards away-- you could see it from the room. Lots of good restaurants closeby, including two nice ones right in the hotel. The concierge was excellent.

Minuses? Those same corner windows meant a good deal of street noise. (Obviously other rooms wouldn't have the same problem.) The shower was anemic, though the tub was huge. We found the king-size bed quite uncomfortable.

All in all, not a bad experience. We took advantage of the "summer sweet deal" which gave us the third night at half price. We ended up paying an average of less than $200 per night, which isn't bad.

The Place D'Armes Metro station is a couple of blocks away, an easy walk.

If you're looking for a European vibe without breaking the bank, I don't think you'll be disappointed here.

2  Thank TerminusEst
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I spent 2 days here in celebration of my 40th birthday. What a wonderful experience. Jose recommended some wonderful dining choices -our fave was the Holder restaurant where the food and service were truly exceptional. The decor is simple yet chic. Tall ceilings, dim lighting and tastefully decorated rooms. The staff both at the concierge desk and the restaurants were accommodating and incredibly polite. Would stay here again if ever in Montreal. Only negative was that we could not get the fireplace to radiate any heat. Other than that we had a most memorable and pleasant stay. Thank you to all the wonderful staff!

Reviewed 23 October 2009

I recently stayed in this hotel for a week whilst attending a congress in Montreal. The staff were attentive, welcoming, polite and endlessly professional with no request going unmet.

My room was stylish, spacious and clean. Nice touches included full sized bottles of wine and spirits (instead of silly little mini-bar sized ones), an intimacy kit, a great stereo system (with sub-woofer!) and a fireplace. The hotel also offered a nightly free cheese and wine selection between 5-7pm, which i was not able to take up but was a nice offer none the less.

The room service menu, whislt not overly extensive, delivered amazing quality food. The filet mignon with truffles and foie gras was absolutely delicious, and the cheese plate was a visual and flavour delight.

The hotel was also only a block away from the congress centre and therefore hugely convenient for me. The overall experience was excellent and i wholeheartedly recommend this hotel, and Montreal as a city to visit.

1  Thank Ooleg1
Reviewed 5 August 2005

This shady square is located just across from the Notre-Dame Basilica. It is surronded by skyscrapers so it is a peaceful rest area surronded by the busy city. In the center of it is a tall statue, which is typical in most squares. Behind the square is a building that is a copy of the pantheon in Rome.

3  Thank NYC_Tourist1