1,781 results
All reviews soaking tub heated pool heart of downtown beautiful hotel valet parking romantic getaway perfect location mini bar early check room key valet service mcgill university upon check underground city bed was very comfortable few blocks bell centre
Reviewed May 15, 2017

I was in Montréal on business for three days in early May. This hotel was not my first call, but I am so glad that I ended up there! It is a beautiful mid-size boutique hotel, centrally located, with excellent service, lovely rooms, small exercise room and very nice restaurant. The room was well appointed with a very comfortable bed, large bathroom and nice toiletries. The staff were extremely polite and helpful, in both official languages. Great shopping nearby and access to many food options. The only small negative is the construction happening behind and next door, but this is hardly noticeable once you are inside the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Lucie M, Responsable relations clients at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Dear SJM200,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our trip advisor travellers.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, our location and our room. Your feed back is greatly appreciated.

We are ideally located in the business district and the heart of downtown Montreal. Being located so close to McGill univesity, Crescent street and St. Catherine street makes Le St -Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal an ideal choice for a leisure or business trip.

Your comments that the staff were extremely polite and helpful are most appreciated. We work hard to ensure that everyone has a pleasant time at Le St Martin and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2017

Able to walk pretty well everywhere downtown. Took in the Montreal Symphony, the Marc Chagall exhibit at the Fine Arts, old Montreal, the two Basilicas and of course some fine shopping. Used the metro next door to venture to Leonard Cohen's gravesite and St Joseph's Oratory. The restaurant was so good we just exhausted the menu. The room was lovely, fine service. Able to view the locals heading to work and to judge the weather.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Lucie M, Responsable relations clients at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2017

Dear Edward H,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the trip advisor community.

Being centrally located in Montreal is always a great feature for our guests. Indeed, our boutique hotel is close to many things: shopping, restaurants, bars, museums....

We're also happy you had such a great experience at our restaurant, L`Aromate. They also have a trip advisor page if you would like to share your wonderful comments with them directly.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 11, 2017

this is the 6th time ive been to this hotel in 3 years, i go twice a year for either 2-3 days at a time.
this time was 3 days , and the rooms are always the same , perfect, quiet , comfortable

what stood out this time , was the staff, all of them, so helpful and friendly, from the valet to the maid, the front desk was awesome

pretty sure ill be back in the fall

Room Tip: there all good ;-)
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Lucie M, Responsable relations clients at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

Dear doodog,

Thank you for sharing your perfect experience with the trip advisor community.

We're so happy to read that you continuously enjoy your visits with us, we greatly appreciate our regular and return guests.

We're happy you found our rooms are perfect, quiet and comfortable as we like to make our guests feel as though they're in their home away from home.

Your comments that the staff is so helpful, friendly and awesome are most appreciated. We work hard to ensure that everyone has a pleasant time at Le St Martin and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you in the fall!

Reviewed May 8, 2017

When frequently traveling to Montreal I usually stay at a hotel one block from Le St-Martin. I thought this might be a better choice. I couldn't have been more wrong. The room was not ready when I arrived at 3:15 p.m from the U.S. The agent told me he would watch my bags and I could go (I have no idea where he expected me to go). I left but came back and decided that if I sit in front of the registration desk so other arrivals can see me, maybe that would expedite the process. Coincidence or not, I had my room 5-10 minutes after I sat down. There was no condiments for the coffee in the room (sugar, cream etc.) When I returned to the front desk for sugar I was taken into the Bistro and the front desk clerk poured sugar lumps into my hand. The room was beautiful and clean but very small for the price. Even on arrival there were no signs or people out to tell me how to find Valet parking. The telephone instructions I got from the hotel before I left home were wrong. I went to the advised corner but didn't see any signs or valet people around. I finally had to find a parking place and find the front door/desk on foot. The hotel lacks signage! The problems were minor but for the price I paid I expect MUCH more and have always gotten it at other hotels. I will never stay at a hotel that advertises a check in time past 3:00 p.m. If they can't get enough staff to clean the rooms by the time their customers arrive, they shouldn't be in business.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert J
Rossella R, Front Office Manager at Le St-Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write the below email and sharing your impressions and issues about our hotel.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
Our check in time is at 16:00, and we do our best to accommodate all guests with a room by 16:00. I apologize for the wait, but I’m glad my team was able to accommodate you with a room before 16:00pm.
We offer real dairy products to go with a fresh cup of coffee; cream, milk and sugar are located in the mini-bar fridge in all bedrooms. I`m surprised to hear you did not have any in your room. For the next time if ever you are missing anything in your room please contact the front desk and it will be our pleasure to have it delivered to you. When staying with us we want our guests to feel the peace and comfort of their home away from home.
We are located in the heart of downtown Montreal, and I completely agree that the construction around the hotel can cause confusion. We have the necessary signs available outside the hotel directing all our guests to our valet service located on the corner of Metcalf and Maisonneuve. I apologize if the signs were not visible. I will definitely work on a solution to solve this issue.
The staff is committed in serving everyone on a personalized level. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, one of our guests, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. It is indeed thanks to client feedback like yours that we can identify our mistakes and take the appropriate steps to ensure those do not happen again.
The St-Martin Hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality service and facilities.
Thanks again for choosing Le St-Martin, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Rossella Rao
Room Division Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2017

Was nice hotel, several things to do. Strange building equipment making by helicopter
Never seen before. Nice skyline. High buildings.
Old and new buildings together.
Traffic amazing. Lot of cars
Norte dame the most beautiful church ever seen
Burning a candle for my fathers passing day

Room Tip: Quieter floor as high as possible
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vanwijkpalinghandel

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, our bedrooms, our location and our service. Your feed back is greatly appreciated.

Indeed, we are ideally located in the business district and the heart of downtown Montreal. Being located so close to Crescent Street and St. Catherine street makes Le St -Martin Hotel Particulier Montreal an ideal choice for a leisure or business trip.

On behalf of my team and myself our condolences for your fathers passing.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,