“Best Meal on my Trip”
Review of Plein Sud

Plein Sud
Reserve with OpenTable
Plein Sud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 6,370 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Plateau Mont-Royal
Transit: Metro, bus
Reviewed July 19, 2017

This was delicious! Very limited menu. Two of us had the Poisson de jour and one had the Risotto de jour. so full of flavor. This place had a very neighborhood flavor. I'm sorry I won't make a second visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Our group of six had a wonderful dining experience at this casual, friendly, family-run resto. The wine menu perfectly complements the Corsican-inspired food. My fresh grilled tuna was melt-in-your-mouth awesome, the pork medallions and hanger steak got rave reviews, and the linguini dish was easily modified to accommodate the vegetarian. The desserts did not disappoint either: creme brûlée and chocolate fondant were luscious. Great location on Mont-Royal, and reasonable prices for high-end food. We would definitely eat here again - reservations recommended.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Cozy setting with a solid menu of crowd-pleasing French dishes. I had the lamb (a specialty of the house), and it was perfect, juicy, falling off the bone, accompanied by a sweet potato purée, lentils and haricots verts. My husband had steak and frites.

When we, the proprietor was also serving as the only bartender and server and managed to do it very well, with friendliness and efficiency. Would highly recommend for those looking for a delicious, if not necessarily innovative, meal and good service.

Reviewed November 24, 2016

This place was absolutely delicious. The menu is small but very good. I got the duck and my friend got the lamb. Both were delicious and came with filling sides. We also got the creme brûlée. Super tastey and friendly staff. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough.

As far as price, our meal with dessert but no drinks was about $35 CAD per person. Not the cheapest place to eat but not outrageous for fine dining. I would say this place ranks on the low end of fine dining or the high end of casual eating. But either way delicious food.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely bottle of rose. The hanger steak was perfectly cooked and the Belgian style frites were fantastic. My wife had the pasta du jour (fettucine with goat cheese, tomatoes and basil) and enjoyed it. Nice space, a little music in the background and very attentive, friendly service. Great find.