“Utterly peaceful”
Review of Hotel Ruby Foo's

Hotel Ruby Foo's
Ranked #53 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good night's sleep and is looking for good customer service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 June 2011

Dear valued Guest,

We appreciate your great comments and that you would recommend us. Thank you so much for your patronage.

Reviewed 22 May 2011

I had visited this hotel many years ago and thought I would give it another try. The decor has changed dramatically. It has a more modern and quite beautiful decor. The bedroom had a zen look and feel, and the bed gave me one of the most comfortable nights sleep that I have had for some time!! What I really liked is how many services it offered. It has a Spa, hairdresser and an old fashioned type barber shop. The restaurant selection was diversified and I really enjoyed having a Starbucks coffee everyday. I also appreciated the extensive fitness centre that I could go any time since it is open 24 hours a day! We could walk to the subway which is only 1 block away and were also close to shopping and several other restaurants. I will come back to this little gem the next time I need a hotel in Montreal!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank truffymontreal
Management response:Responded 2 June 2011

Dear valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your positive comments. It is so nice to hear that you have rediscovered our hotel and that your sleep experience was so satisfying. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Montreal.

Reviewed 8 April 2011

After a terrible trip from Toronto, plane delayed, snow storm and for any reason, my reservation in one of the hotels on Côte-de-Liesse was not confirmed, I was sent to Ruby Foo's on Decarie... Staff was very welcoming. They gave me one of the nicest rooms I have ever seen for a 4 star hotel. I had a snack in the evening at the restaurant and took the elevator to my room. What can I say about the new rooms? They are beautiful! The ambiance is very peaceful and I love the sliding door which replaces the regular curtains that you can find in most hotels in Montreal. Despite this hotel is located on Decarie, the rooms are very quiet and comfortable. I felt asleep as soon as I lied down and reopened my eyes with the wake up call! Ruby Foo's rocks! I really enjoyed my stay and will come back!

• Stayed: February 2011
Management response:Responded 13 April 2011

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. It gives us great satisfaction to hear that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments on the décor of our new bedrooms but what we find most satisfying is how well you slept. We believe that the sleep experience is the most important requirement for our guests and your review has confirmed that this requirement was fulfilled. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

Because of a relocation, I stayed at Hotel Ruby Foo's from the middle of June 2010 through the first week of January 2011. During the course of my stay I found the hotel staff to be very accomodating and helpful.. They went above and beyond the call of duty. It did not matter whom. From the Front Desk personnel to the Maintenance people, they were a pleasure to deal with. My suite was extremely comfortable (air conditioning did not give out once during the summer months) with a beautiful pool view.The facilities /ammenities/maintenance services were great. The gym and pool were very clean and always in working order.
The Mahjongg restaurant was outstanding as I had the occassion to eat there many times.
I observed, over the course of my stay, the appeal of the Hotel to families (with young and older children), seniors, younger couples and solo travelers like myself.
The location of the Hotel was excellent as it was 10 minutes to go anywhere by car (whether it be Downtown, East End, West-End etc...)
Lots of restaurants and attractions as well within walking distance.
They truly made me feel at home and I would comfortably highly recommend the Hotel for a Short-Term or Long-Term stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank TheBigGuy72
Management response:Responded 12 April 2011

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your wonderful comments about your experience at Hotel Ruby Foo’s. To have stayed at our hotel for so many months and to have been so satisfied with your stay is truly gratifying. We strive to make our guests comfortable and are happy that we succeeded for you.

Reviewed 10 March 2011

Had our wedding banquet at the Ruby Foo's last August. What a mistake! Service was rude. Too eager to remove the plates. Barely had the chance to taste half my meal. Even less the cake. The food was not that great. Low on quantity. And the banquet manager....Well, I won't even go there. Pleeeeeeeeease! Don't plan your wedding reception there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drtuuth
Management response:Responded 12 April 2011

Dear valued Guest,

A wedding is such an important day. We are truly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your event, and thank you for making us aware of your comments. All comments are important to us, since they help us affirm what is being done well and they make us aware of what requires change. Since we always strive to provide the best service and experience to our customers, we invite you to contact us so that we may further investigate what occurred.

Reviewed 11 December 2010

I stayed at Ruby Foos for two weeks due to the compulsion of location otherwise I would have not stayed for such a long period of time. The front desk staff is rude, unskilled and uncooperative. Every day they would call me and ask for payments even though I had pre-authorized my payments. I always found that their staff lacked coordination. One time I had just come up to my room after clearing my payments, I received a call from another staff member who rudely asked me to come down again and pay. When I informed him that I had already paid, he replied with the lame excuse of not "updating" his computer.
The room cleaning staff is also rude and are always reluctant to clean and set the whole room. Quite a few times they would not change the bed sheets and not replenish the tea bags/coffee. The hotel has poor architecture making you drag your luggage in long hallways.

They do not provide extended check out for even one hour during the off season to a customer who stayed for such an extended period.

Shortly, its way too expensive for the services they offer. When you pay such a high price you expect more!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Shamak
Reviewed 22 October 2010

The hotel was clean and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was really good, but make sure to get there at 7am if you’re in a rush. Hotel has a slightly tacky Asian flare, but I thought it was fun. Apparently, there is an old & new wing. Ask for the new wing, as my shower head really didn’t work that well. Location was close to the Metro and the concierge was helpful in picking restaurants & locations for nightlife. It was a short cab ride from the airport (15-20minutes). There’s a well stocked bar, 2 restaurants, a decent gym & free wireless. There’s also a spa, pool & barber that I didn’t take advantage of.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business