1,454 results
All reviews bell centre cora's restaurant chez cora great location fire station drummond street breakfast restaurant hockey game rooms are small train station shopping and restaurants minute walk montreal downtown catherine st comfortable bed the hotel is clean two blocks
Reviewed October 5, 2018

Location is brilliant, close to Rue St. Catherine and just 3 minutes from Peel Metro. Staff were friendly, uncomplicated and helpful. The hotel room was quiet, clean and had everything for a 3-star. The bed was very comfortable. Slept really well. in comparison
the hallway carpets were slightly rough looking, but I did not care because my room was good. They don't have breakfast facilities at the hotel... the recommended "breakfast" restaurant adjoining is a ripoff... $15 for a small omelette for instance. Overall the hotel is a clean and good value stay. I would go again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Very clean room freshly renovated. Numbers on the doors are confusing if you are off the main hallways. Making it difficult to find your room. My wife and I booked 2 nights in the hotel using air miles 1 night on my account 1 on her's. Even though my CC was on the room The man who identified him self as the manger was very rude to both of us on the phone and would not let me check in without my wife. We needed to use the business centre and the printer ran out of toner. We asked if they had toner from the girl at the front desk and the manger rudely interrupted and told us he is looking for it and to wait. The rest of the staff was great and friendly, this guy seemed to have had 2 bad days in a row.
No parking at this hotel. The Taxis take up all the street parking so there was no where to unload your luggage. The parking lot behind the hotel only takes cash.

Don't recommend this hotel if you have a Car.

Room Tip: Top 2 floors are better. Parking is 25 Plus per day. no parking deals from the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles W
MichaelP11215, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Montreal Downtown-Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Good evening Charles W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback and will work with it to upgrade our facilities.

I am sorry to read that you had problem booking the rooms. Unfortunately, booking the rooms with your air miles requires a call to the BW central. They are able to transfert your air miles into BW points.

I am the one who answered you on the phone and I am sorry if you took my answer as I was mad or something.

It is true that parking can be hard to find when you are not used to the city. Our front desk try to give you the best place to park regarding your need.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted warmly. Check-in was quick and easy. We had a car and the staff suggested two parking lot options as the hotel itself does not have parking. We took the least expensive that was only a block from the hotel and it allowed us to leave the garage and return without additional charges - you get a 24 hour pass for each day you pay for. The room was on the 4th floor at the back of the hotel - it was clean and had all the things we needed. For an additional charge they offer 'on-site' breakfast - basically a coupon that can be used in Cora's on their main floor. We opted instead to eat breakfast at the restaurants on St. Catherine's Street which is half a block north of the hotel. If you are only interested in seeing old Montreal this location is not great as old Montreal is a long walk from the hotel. But it is close to the good shopping on St. Catherine's and to Mont Royal.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoJetlagged
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I tried to book on booking.com,hotels.com even had customer service at hotels.com try to book me, all with no luck accepting my 3 digit number on my CC#. Worried I won't have a hotel I used the hotel website to book that same room. 2 days later a deal showed up in the Ads in my email account for $20 off each nigh X 2 = $40+tax. I email the hotel and they won't help me. No thank you free breakfast etc...

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Good evening LeabKnott,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and work accordingly to upgrade our services.

Unfortunately, we are not able to give you an answer on what was the problem with booking.com, hôtels.com or any third party booking sites. If you want to book with any hôtels, best thing would be to call directly at the hotel or the central to book. Therefore, you will have an answer and your room will be guaranteed.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This hotel is in a great location to visit downtown Montreal. Walking distance to many attractions!! Close to restaurants, bars and Spas. We have stayed here on a few weekend getaways. Rooms are a bit small, but we did not spend a lot of time at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2018