Hotel de l'ITHQ
US$179
  • Breakfast included
US$218
  • Restaurant
All reviewstraining hotelhotel schoolculinary schoolnice balconyrue st denismetro stationplateau neighborhoodbreakfast was includedle plateaucroissantsexcellent hotelold montrealunderground parkingcrepesberri uqamcoffee makerbed was very comfortable
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I visited ITHQ hotel for a business trip.
It was a very nice experience, although at check-in there was a bit of confusion with the parking.the parking was included with the room but the set up requires an initial visit to the front desk to get the permit and then a visit back to the parking to move our car inside the gate. This may have been some mis-communication at the time of reservation.
Beside the little parking adventure, the rest of my stay was delightful.
The room was very comfortable with a king size bed, with a duvet covered mattress and a duvet comforter. It took me a few times to set my room temperature to comfortable since I was not familiar with the system. The shower was a full ceramic setup with a glass door (I want one at home).
The food was very good, a lot of variety (game meat). Breakfast was simple with pastries and platters of eggs, ham and sausages.
The service was excellent and the staff were pleasant and friendly.
The price was reasonable for such a quality stay. I will recommend it to my colleagues.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Qic013
ithq_hotel, Front Office Manager at Hotel de l'ITHQ, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Qic013,
Thank your for your review. My appologies for the confusion at check-in. We should have mentionned upon reservation that you needed to register first to get the parking pass. The ticket gives unlimited acces for the lenght of your stay.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you or your colleagues in a near future!

Rooms division manager

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am travelling to Montreal often and this hotel is my favorite. The room are big and very nice. Always very clean and neat. The breakfast was a buffet which is not usual. When I asked why, it was because the students were away. Also, since it is a school, it is my way to help them!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
ithq_hotel, Front Office Manager at Hotel de l'ITHQ, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear EricMToronto,
Thank you for your review and for taking part in the students learning experience and growth. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Valerie Amiot
Rooms division manager

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We are all about hospitality. We understand the pitfalls of the industry. The up and coming stars; the amount of effort it takes to become "worthy"; the knowledge, the experience, the sacrifices (and there are plenty!!).

We've stayed here, obviously. Each and every visit has been a lesson -- and so it must be, this is a "school" after all. Yes we've had our share of "faults", but this is a school -- they are learning.

Each and every stay has been good. The main point to remember above all is that this is a school.

The included breakfast is out of this world. One can see that the students are dedicated. They listen, they care, they help.

Try this place. I don't think you will regret it. It might disappoint in some small way, but one needs to keep in mind that this is after all, a teaching facility.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailing_into_70
ithq_hotel, Owner at Hotel de l'ITHQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your review!
Even if guest satisfaction is very important to us, our mission is also to train the students in all the hotel departements. It is a pleasure to know that the students efforts are appreciated by our guests. Be assured that your comments will be transfered to our students!
We trully hope to welcome you again at the Hotel de l'Institut.
Warmest regards,
Room division manager

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been a guest of l'institut on multiple occasions for the past two years and I must say it's going downhill. Each time I've had problems with drains in the showers/baths - comical at times, but truly when it happens again and again it's just irritating and gross. When I've asked for the drains to be looked at I'm told they don't on weekends!? Well, if the hotel is open on the weekend you better get someone on standby!

Breakfast used to be 4star - this past trip was terrible, where on the second day we paid to eat out!

Beds are very soft/luxurious, balconies are a plus and rooms are big but these items are static - service and maintenance are issues that constantly need to be addressed and sadly they were not up to par on this stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
ithq_hotel, Front Office Manager at Hotel de l'ITHQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Steven B,
Thank you for your comments and for your honesty. We appreciate you took some time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I appologize for the inconveniences you have experienced recently. A follow-up has been made with the maintenance departement and the front desk to make sure this kind of situation does not happen in the future.
We trully hope we will welcome you again at the Hotel de l'Institut.
Rooms division Manager
514-282-5120 ext. 4249

Reviewed December 10, 2012

It was my second time at Hôtel de l'Institut, and it won't be the last.
The location, right at Sherbrooke subway station, is very convenient. It's easy to walk to all the Plateau Mont-Royal shops, restaurants and bars, and it only takes a 10 minutes walk to get there from the Central Bus station.
The service is polite and friendly. A minor problem in my room was quickly fixed.
The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever tried, I am not exaggerating.
The room walls are a bit thin though and unfortunately a few noisy people were staying in the room next to mine.
The price is extremely reasonable, considering the location and the quality of the rooms. Really, a great value.

Room Tip: Do ask for a room with a balcony when you book. Some of them have a gorgeous view of the Mont Royal. (Rooms 710 and 810 have no balcony and no view.)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo