3 people are viewing this hotel
US$103
Free cancellation until 23-02-18
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$103
Agoda.com
US$97
Hotels.comUS$103
PricelineUS$103
Official HotelUS$104
All reviews mcgill university apartment hotel top floor yogurt small kitchen the penthouse dining table minute walk few blocks sofa bed old montreal underground parking street noise air conditioner visiting montreal balcony furniture
Selected filters
Reviewed August 18, 2022

L'Appartement Hôtel was great. It exceeded our expectations. We were pleasantly surprised by the ameneties offered for such a reasonable price.

We were able to easily park out front while checking in. We received a warm welcome from the receptionists. We then got our parking permit to use the small indoor parking underground (entrance at the back of the hotel). It is for compact cars only, and parking for larger vehicles is somewhere else, close by. I found the underground parking a little steep and tight. But it was fine overall. (I'm not a brave driver...)

We found our room to be very clean and super spacious. We had a closed bedroom, a large living (with a sofa bed) and a dining room too, along with a decent sized kitchen. It's a perfect suite for small families with 2 kids who can share the sofa bed, or one teen.

We slept well. Heard the street a bit at night, of course. But what a great downtown location! You can walk everywhere! (We did take an Uber back from Old Montreal after walking all day, because it's a bit of an uphill walk back to the hotel, haha!)

We had good pressure in the shower. There was a small issue with our toilet once, and a man came immediately to fix it. Great, speedy service. We loved the selection of foods offered at the continental breakfast buffet breakfast. No hot cooked items, naturally, but they did have hadboiled eggs in addition to all the regular breakfast fare (toast, muffins, cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, etc).

All in all, I recommend this hotel and plan to come back here when visiting Montreal next time. The furniture and decor are a tiny little bit dated, but it's such a clean, affordable, friendly, and ideally-situated hotel that I quickly forgot about that. And having a suite rather than just a room made it all worthwhile for us.

Date of stay: July 2022
2  Thank catsinthebelfry
Reviewed June 24, 2022

Summary: Stayed on 7th floor. Generally clean, but rooms need a refresh with better paint. Washroom was cramped with a tiny sink area and not a lot of space to put personal items. Can also hear the water flow from next door

Quality of room: 2.5/5 - Clean beds. But everything else about the room seems a bit worn out. There is a kitchen area, which is a plus, but cramped. Walls need a fresh coat of paint. A/C needs to be replaced to be quieter. This impacted sleep quality. Curtains need to be newer.

Washrooms: 2/5 - Cramped washroom. Not much of a sink area to allow for storage of a few items. Can hear the water flowing through the pipes from next door.

Breakfast: 4.5/5 - Spacious area on the main floor, serving cold continental breakfast items. This includes various breads and bagels; cereal and oatmeal, coffee, tea and juice; various cakes; hard boiled egg; ham and cheese; yogurt. Certainly a highlight of this hotel.

Staff: 5/5 - Very friendly front desk staff. Had an issue with the maintenance of the room and the front desk lady looked for a way to solve the issue right away. Staff at the breakfast area were also professional and friendly.

Location: 4/5 - Located near McGill. It's about a 7-10 minute walk away from the nearest 747 bus stop (nearest stop at Union Street when coming in from the airport and Place du Frere Andre when travelling to the airport). It's not a bad location.

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank hungrytraveller85
Reviewed June 2, 2022 via mobile

When I arrived the reception staff were extremely helpful and welcoming.

The room was not what I was expecting, as soon as I opened the door I was hit with a strong musty smell of damp. The room was very dated I felt I had gone back in time, the towels were thin and frayed and there were no curtains. Despite this the room was clean.

I asked to move to another room, the second was not much better in terms of the smell. And upon expecting there was mould spores

I proceeded to contact Booking.com who's customer service were excellent. They contacted the hotel. Was told I could check out and wouldn't be charged for the upcoming 2 nights. I decided to stay the night as it was almost 10pm.

I checked out early the next day.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank IheartEurope2018
Reviewed September 23, 2020 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at this downtown Montreal Hotel. My first time in Montreal, kids and I had a wonderful time. Parking was available on site for $20/day and they even let me extend my parking for three days while we visit Quebec City.

Covid policies seem appropriate with extra sanitation and limiting crowding such as taking breakfast food back to your room.

The only issue I had was during check out. The hotel attendant checked my room and discovered an issue with a drawer front which came loose. It was clear he thought we broke it. We maintained that we didn’t and he reluctantly checked me out without extra charges. 30 minutes later he called me and confirmed with the cleaning staff that it was an existing problem- and apologized for suggesting it was us. Overall- he resolved the problem in a professional manner. I was satisfied with the approach.

Finally the penthouse pool was HUGE hit with the kids and we had the pool to ourselves almost every time. Next time we are in Montreal we will return to this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MSmith1526
Reviewed February 11, 2020

Our family has stayed at this hotel many times over the last 9 years and have had an excellent experience every time. This hotel is very well located for proximity to downtown shopping, McGill university, Mount Royal, and exploring the plateau. It is close to the metro making access anywhere in Montreal very easy.
The rooms are always clean, breakfast is welcome, and having a kitchen is convenient. Their prices are fair for what they provide. I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2020