“Montreal 2 nights with kids”
Review of Le Nouvel Hotel

Le Nouvel Hotel
Ranked #65 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Excellent location. Courteous staff. Great value for money. 2 Queen beds-large room. Would have preferred a street facing room instead of the one facing the parking lot. Breakfast-did not eat at the hotel. Paid parking-safe, indoor.
Will definitely book again if visiting Montreal.

Room Tip: Get a street facing room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
LeNouvelHotelTeam, Director of Sales at Le Nouvel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights mid-August (2012). Let's start with the not-so great things (minor stuff, really)...one ice machine in the hotel! And it's on the bottom floor next to the laundry. That was inconvenient. The bathroom door in our room stuck and the TV remote control's power button didn't work. That's about it. Like I said, pretty minor stuff.

The room was very nice and clean...always a bonus. As was the bathroom. In our room (not sure if it's the case in all rooms) there was a giant pillar in the middle of the room...very strange and it took up a lot of space. Not a bad thing, I suppose...just weird architecture. Strange instance with the 'do not disturb' sign. We hung it on our door, with the 'do not disturb' facing IN, which, apparently , ALSO means do not disturb. So we came back after a day of walking/sightseeing with no clean sheets or towels. When I called down to the front desk, they informed me of my mistake. And they were very quick to get us clean towels (we weren't too concerned with the sheets).

The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. they answered any questions we had. The big selling point for this hotel, of course, is its location. Just a couple of minutes walk from St. Catherine Street.

Overall, very pleased with the location and the value. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on that. (Although one beer in the bar cost $8!!).

I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We were pleased to read your good comments. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

A couple of friends and I booked Le Nouvel Hotel online at Hotwire.com, staying for three nights in Montreal to sight-see and catch a concert along the way. Being a group of university students, the cost was our main concern, and for the price we paid the hotel definitely exceeded our expectations. The prime location in downtown Montreal meant that it was less than a 10 minute walk to rue St. Catherine (one of the major streets downtown with lots of shopping and restaurants), and the staff posted in the gorgeous lobby were friendly and accommodating. The pool was a little smaller than we expected (think of the size one might have in their backyard) and required a code to get in, but it was heated which was a nice bonus. The rooms were nice and clean, fairly standard fare. No flat-screen TV (they had one of the older ones), and the air conditioning was a little noisy (the default setting was very cold, however; set the temperature higher and it gets quieter). The blankets were a little on the thin side; one of my roommates asked for extra which wasn't a problem at all. This might actually seem like a lot of concerns but I'm only nitpicking because everything else about our stay was great. Would absolutely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms. Please accept our apology for the Air-conditionning. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

good location, all correct. Free wifi. Buffet breakfast not included but available for $13. correct if not great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

If I was reviewing solely based on decor this would be two stars. The hotel is urgently in need of a makeover. The design features are very 1980's and it just seems old fashioned and worn-out as opposed to olde worlde charming (whatever that is!). The air conditioning unit in my room during my first stay was very noisy and affected my sleep. Breakfast was very basic. It's not cheap either. But there are good reasons for staying here. The location is excellent for down-town Montreal. Many of the campuses for Concordia University are close by. And the staff are excellent- polite and friendly. Renovate the place and it could be five stars.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are doing renovations actually and we hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I booked this hotel on Priceline and was pleased when I arrived. The hotel has a very nice lobby, friendly staff, nice restaurant (limited dinner menu but food was good), and decent room. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant and our hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at the Nouvel Hotel & Spa from August 8-14 2012. I had read all the reviews beforehand so I knew what to expect. Well I did have one surprise: Nowhere online had I read that the hotel has a heated outdoor pool so that was a lovely surprise, but we didn't end up having time to jump in. I loved the location of the hotel, close to restaurants and shops and the metro station(s). The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, the room was how I expected to be - An okay 'you get what you pay for' room, which was just what I needed since I'd rather spend more on shopping than on the place where I sleep. We did find that the beds were so hard and hard on the back though, it took us a few days to get used to it. The cleaning was good enough. One disappointment - the hotel's restaurant. We checked it out for lunch once, and it was overpriced and the quality was sub-par. But that's just me. Overall this hotel is 'good enough' and it's great location and friendly staff are why I'll definitely be going back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept our apology regarding the restaurant . We hope to welcome you back in the near future.