“Stay was not what I was told price wise, and room had a dirty tub on arrival.”
Review of Le Nouvel Hotel

Le Nouvel Hotel
Ranked #67 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 27 September 2017

In all fairness to this hotel, the staff was accommodating and friendly. Thank you to the lady in the restaurant for her understanding. On arrival I found the tub However, had little black things ( specks the size of the head of a pin.) on the floor of the tub also body hair. I found the microwaves (2) ,neither would heat up my cup of tea. The room decor however was beautiful and the bed was clean and comfortable. A nice TV with a good clear screen.
There was a lot of closet space , an iron & Ironing board , & a hairdryer.
I had to clean the tub before I would use it and I really shouldn't have had to. I also took samples of what was in the tub for analysis before I cleaned it. I will let the hotel know at a later date of the results of the findings.
The biggest complaint I have with this Hotel is the lack of information about what the price of the room included. I was not told by Expedia when I booked the room that Parking costs would be an extra $15.00 per night, or that the breakfast that was included was only the cold cereal part of the breakfast buffet - leaving me to have to pay $ 20.50 for my breakfast. To Expedia I would also say, You spelled my name wrong on the booking and they had a very hard time finding it, telling me that I did not have a room at all, then finding it was misspelled.
For the Hotel, perhaps in the underground parking garage you could paint exit arrows (saying exit on them) pointing the way out of the parking garage as I know I was not the only Hotel guest that found it difficult.
Thank you to the desk staff that sent someone to my room to check on my complaint about the tub, I appreciated them at least coming to look. Lastly thank you to the night deskman when I checked out for his kindness and sense of humor. Much appreciated. Glad to have met you but why did you ever leave Cuba for this weather?

Room Tip: Don't Book through Expedia !!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
benjamin m, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Guest,
we are glad we met your expectations and thank you for sharing it in our trip
advisor pages, please do note hesitate to contact me as I would be very happy to discusssome issures that you had during you stay and we certainly hope to have the privilege of welcoming you again
Le Nouvel Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed at this hotel September 9 for a wedding. Arrived at 2pm and was really not greeted well by the front desk. I was rudely told check in was only at 3. The wedding was at 6 so I figured there was enough time,however only got the room at 3:30. Another person was also trying to check in at 2:50 and was told the same,come back in 10 minutes. In all my experiences in hotels,this is a first for me that a hotel really leaves it so close and it was obvious from the reception that people were getting from the front desk that there were more than one complaint about the same issue
The hotel itself is a little dated,but is very clean and comfortable as well. The staff all around the hotel from chambermaids to the restaurant staff were most pleasant.
Location is good as you are not that far away from the center part of all the restaurants,shopping and night life. Very affordable for a downtown hotel.

Room Tip: higher floors have a little bit better view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
benjamin m, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest
We are so happy to read that we met your expectations and will definitely
share your overwhelming comments with all my service team
wishing you well and hope to welcome you again
Le NOuvel Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We arrived at this hotel and were told our room was ready and we had been upgraded to a Condo room. It was spacious, had comfortable beds and plenty of room. There was a lovely little kitchen with a microwave, nice size refrigerator, a ceramic top stove with two burners, a coffee maker, toaster and a full compliment of lovely dishes and pans. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Luis, the manager was helpful, stored our luggage in a secure room until we were ready to leave. All in all we would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Guest,
always a pleasure reading great comments and glad to have had the opportunity
and privilege of welcoming you at le Nouvel Hotel & Spa Montreal
Wishing you well
Le NOuvel Hotel & SPa

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and I really enjoyed our 3 night stay in this hotel!
We had a beautiful loft suite! Our room was clean, spacious, comfortable and so elegant! It also had a kitchenette with a bar fridge, a microwave, a keurig coffee machine and even a washer and dryer!!
The staff was very professional and very helpful.
Great location, witithin walking distance to main streets, restaurants and subway station, as well as an easy and pleasant walk to Old Montreal.
Parking is inexpensive considering the hotel location.
I highly recommend Le Nouvel Hotel and Spa!

Dear Guest
thank you for your overwhelming comments and than you for taking
the time to share it in our Trip Advisor page
Look forward to the privilege of welcoming you again
General manager

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Clean, large and again clean!friendly staff and close to all amenities!restaurant has amazing food and excellent service!I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a great room at a great price!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We booked the room on GetARoom for a Run of House room (which meant that they would be giving us whatever was left). We were assigned an upper level room in the Condo tower in back. At first, I was concerned as I could see the train tracks down below the window. However, the rooms are extremely well sound-proofed. I never heard any train noise (or any noise for that matter). Getting the condo room was a nice surprise as it had a fully stocked kitchenette. So we saved money by cooking every morning. We did not use the spa, pool or restaurant so can't comment on that. The hotel staff were very helpful. We were able to store our luggage in a locked room upon early arrival. The subway was very convenient - just about a block away. Even though the hotel is not right in the city center, I would say the location is very good -everything easily accessible by subway quickly. There were also restaurants about a block away - many choices (Indian, sushi, continental, etc.). I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
benjamin m, General Manager at Le Nouvel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Guest
thank you for your overwhelming comments and for the take you took to share
it in our trip advisor page. hope to see you again and wish you well
Benjamin MAgazinich
GEenral MAnager
Le Nouvel Hotel & SPa

Reviewed 3 September 2017

we stayed for two night, time great spent. Room was very clean, we had a kitchenette, and king size bed.
Hotel is 8-store-building, pretty modern, but if you just sleep there, what's the difference?
It is two blocks away from the bus that goes to the airport and 10 min walk to downtown core. Close to transportation, restorantes, coffee shops and stores.
I think it is in great location. Staff is very professional and trilingual and I hear one of the ladies speaking Spanish. We did not use restorante or spa so can not comment on those.
We decided if we come to Montreal again, going to be this hotel and most likely the same type of room

DEar Guest
it was a privilege having you stay with us and thank you for your great
comments and for taking the time ti share it in our Trip advisor page
wishing you well