Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Maggie M
Kansas City, Missouri

Not What I Expected But It Worked

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 18, 2016
Admittedly I should have looked at more reviews before booking but I was disappointed on arrival. The staff was very nice and helpful but the place itself is a bit rundown for the price. My room was a third story walk up which didn't bother me. The door was a bit flimsy and I had difficulty telling if it was locked all the way. It made me nervous at first. The room itself was okay and seemed clean but crumbling and rundown. There was a ceiling fan I attempted to turn on but it was so dusty and barely attached to the ceiling I had to stop it for fear it would come flying off. The bathroom was tiny (I took a picture since it was so tiny) and the shower was not as clean as I would like. The street noise might also keep you awake. Overall I thought about finding another place to stay when I first arrived but had already prepaid and I liked the location. It was safe, no bugs and the staff was nice...They might just want to patch up a bit.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Vio.com
    C$253
2.4 km from Hotel Park Avenue
View more hotels in Montreal
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2016

the room was quiet and the 2 double beds were ok, but the bathroom was tiny with only a shower and toilet, plus it smelled very musty. the sink was out near the TV. we paid $200 for a Saturday night and later in the week it was $70

Room tip: 3 floors, no elevator
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2016

Was there for Osheaga - super nice value when all the other places in the city are exorbitantly priced during that time. They allow multiple people per room just tell them ahead of time and they'll accomodate.

The staff really took time to explain how to get to the music festival site because it's not straight forward to someone who's never been on the island of Jean Drapeau before. They gave us a map and everything was clear.

Parking was in the street so it was a bit of a hassle.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GaryO34
Reviewed July 27, 2016

We stayed on the lower level , windows didn't have any screen to open. Old building, carpeted hallways, beds weren't comfortable either. Internet was very poor in our room and only street parking . Small bathroom , very basic.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2016

When we arrived, we got a room in the lower floor, the cellar, if you like.
The room was nothing fancy, it was very basic, to say the least! No window, no airco, no nothing. Not the best place to stay.

Room tip: Don't take the rooms on the lower floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank skydriver332
Reviewed July 8, 2016

Nice staff and had a great sleep. There was very conveniently a microwave, fridge and mini "kitchenette" area in the room - it was great as I stayed there 1 week and could not be bothered to go outside every day for meals. One hiccup - no elevator so don't bring heavy luggage...!

• Trip type: Travelled solo