Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Juergen R
Halifax Regional Municipality, Canada

What A GREAT place to stay ( when there's no students)

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 1, 2017
This has got to be the best kept secret of all times. What a fabulous place to stay while in Montreal.
We traveled to Montreal for the "JUST FOR LAUGHS" festival and wanted to be close to where all the action was. Choosing the McGill University Apartments was an excellent choice. Location wise, we could hardly have chosen any better.

Location was perfect, price was very affordable and - the inclusive breakfast was just perfect.
Date of stay: July 2017
Room Tip: GREAT location at an excellent/fair price
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1.4 km from McGill Student Apartments
  • Hyatt.com
2.2 km from McGill Student Apartments
View more hotels in Montreal
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2016

We had a great room with two queen beds, one of which which was in a separate bedroom. We were close enough to Mont Royal to have a very nice run in the morning. The breakfast was basic, but there was plenty to choose from. We were able to find overnight street parking right around the corner.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JennyfromWakefield
Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the Royal Victoria College residence hall for three nights. This is a fantastic alternative for someone who wants more privacy than a hostel, for only a marginally higher cost.

Location is the big selling point. Right downtown and across from McGill and near tons of shops and restaurants, and metro station. Not close to Old Montreal, but I liked that it was a non-tourist neighborhood.

Room was very dorm-like, with a twin bed, desk, storage area, and large mini fridge. The bathroom had 3 shower stalls and three toilets, and I barely saw anyone in there. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Secure wifi. Room came with towels and bar of bath and body works soap. Front desk was always staffed. There was a washer/dryer and kitchenette on the floor. Bring earplugs if you're sensitive, but things were pretty quiet overall. It got a little warm during the day without AC, but it cooled down at night.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2015

I traveled to Montreal in Aug 2014 for Osheaga (yearly music festival) and they had these rooms bundled with the festival tickets. I thought it was a great price and everyone was helpful. The room is a dorm room so don't expect any frills. It's just like it was when you were probably dorming away in school. During the festival the men/boys had their own floors while the ladies were on another. I'm not sure if this is how they do it the rest of the time they make the rooms available. All the girls shared a restroom that had 3 stalls and 2 showers. I never really ran into any of the other girls staying there so it wasn't so bad having a shared bathroom.

The room did have a lot of storage space and a closet, as well as a mini-fridge. There was free WiFi which was helpful as there is no television in the room. So if you want to keep yourself entertained bring a good book, or laptop/tablet. The college is really close to transportation and places to eat. I love Montreal because it is like every other major city that has convenience written all over it. I would definitely stay here again if I were traveling alone.

Also please be advised that there is no A/C as well. I went in August and the weather was pleasant so I was able to open the window and sleep comfortably.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sapphirazz
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Royal Victoria College recently on a visit to Montreal. The room was spacious, the shared bathrooms were very basic but clean, there was free wifi and the location was fantastic - most of the main attractions (including the Jazz Festival) were easily walkable. The only downside was that it can be a bit noisy at night - a lot of emergency vehicles seem to pass nearby with their sirens on. This wasn't an issue for us but is something to note for light sleepers.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jupey12
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Is the first and I think is going to be the best camp I'll ever be in my life. Thw people took care of the campers lik they were protecting somebody of the family, they mada us feel completely comfortable, this part was awesome. The student apartments were nice, the bedrooms were comfortable too, the only thing is that they were small but i guess it's enough for a single person in 3, 4 or 5 weeks. The place was very pleasant with 2 big spaces where everybody could stay toguether and spend a time. It was the best summer of my whole life, hope I do it again.

Date of stay: July 2013