All reviews no elevator great location stanley street peel metro station quiet street croissants golden square mile mcgill university great night sleep downtown montreal small hotel top floor third floor recommend hotel chain hotel the upper floors private bathroom
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Great location in Downtown Montreal. Interesting, older building. Cafe in lobby convenient and cozy. Not far from the Metro, great restaurants and the Musee des Beaux-Arts. Limited parking, pay extra for a space behind building. As is common in Montreal, front door is up a steep flight of steps and no elevator inside either. Told queen beds only on third floor. Knees still sore from stairs. Bed was comfy but hadn’t had sheets changed before we arrived. Was late so did it ourselves from hallway linen closet. Nice deep bathtub, a small challenge to get out of it. Tile grout had spots of mold but we didn’t opt for housekeeping and it was livable. Pleasant enough stay but could’ve been better.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mskated
Agathe A, Assistant Manager at Hotel Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Thank you Mskated to share online your experience at Hotel Ambrose. It is with pleasure to read that you enjoyed our location and lobby. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. Please know that we always address each issue as quickly as possible so that the guest could get on with their stay, I wish we could have done the same in your case had you given us the chance. I hope you will come back to experience Hotel Ambrose at its best.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

I was there only for one night. Check in was quick. The room was very clean and a bit small compared to some, but not so small as to be an issue. The bathroom was very roomy. I wish there was a something to put our effects on as the vanity is very small. Nitpicking here, really. There was next to no noise the whole time I was there. As it is a small hotel, you don’t have all that hallway traffic with doors banging, so that was certainly refreshing. As someone else mentioned, no breakfast, but I was getting that on the train later anyway. Maybe a small coffee maker in the room would help kick the tires in the morning, however. Will likely stay there again the next time I’m in Montreal.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Michel R

It is with great pleasure that I read your experience at Hotel Ambrose.Thank you Michel! I take your recommendations into consideration to improve our service. We are looking forward to meet with you again. Agathe - Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2018

My first time in Montreal, and I'd gladly stay here again. The room was incredibly comfortable and spacious; the bathroom was also spacious and the amenities did not disappoint (the soap, shampoo, and conditioner were all beautifully scented). The hotel is walking distance to museums, plenty of restaurants, and bars. While breakfast is not included in the price of the room, it's delicious and reasonably priced. And as noted in the title of the review, the staff is unbelievably helpful and kind.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

It is a pleasure to read your beautiful words about our amenities and our location! Thanks you Robert! Looking forward to meet with you again! Agathe - Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Great location, but the Trip Advisor information is wrong: breakfast is not included. We chose the hotel over other options based on this misinformation. The manager told me that they have been trying to get this corrected for several months. Excellent service and, unless you pick a hotel in a high rise, you will not find a better location in Montreal.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words Adaksmyrna01! Since your message, Tripadvisor has updated our page with the correct information regarding breakfast. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our location. Looking forward to meet with you again. Agathe - Hotel Manage

Reviewed June 24, 2018

This little hotel has the loveliest staff who could not do enough to make us feel welcome and well cared for. We stayed for four nights in a standard room which was bright and simply furnished with a super comfy bed. The hotel has a small lobby and counter top cafe for coffee and simple meals. This shared space is informal and relaxed. We loved the great collection of quality magazines and newspapers.

Room Tip: Parking was available
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Agathe A, Manager at Hotel Ambrose, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us 91lizzie. I will definitely share your comments with our staff. We always try our best to make the guests feel like they were at home. I am glad to hear that you felt comfortable and taking care of. We hope to see you again soon and we wish you a lovely summer.