“Best Irish pub in Montreal ”

Irish Embassy Pub & Grill
Ranked #445 of 6,224 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

We frequent Irish embassy both for lunch and dinner, but also for night life. The food is moderately priced and always good, from the burgars to the tuna tartar there is nothing bad. At night they have fantastic bands and great staff a place you can drink and be happy all night. A great place to watch hockey games. Favorite bar in the city.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Great pub with a real Irish vibe. Various TV’s showing European Football and real Rugby. The food is also good. I’d recommend the lamb burger!

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Went in here just for a quick drink but stayed a while and wish we could of stayed longer. Table service was outstanding from a very nice waitress who's name I didn't get.

The Guinness was top class. Was tempted with the food as it looked so good but was a little early for us.

Lovely well kept pub that's definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Went to this place last night with a group of friends. Nothing to complain about per se. The food was ok, and they have a decent beer selection and a nice patio out back. The service was also friendly and attentive enough. However, in a city full of Irish and other traditional style pubs British pubs, you have to stand out to to get 4 or 5 stars. A wide variety of menu items were ordered and while no one complained that their meal was horrible, no one raved about their meal either. The Shepherd's Pie might have been the best. The Montreal smoked meat sandwich was also good. But again, in Montreal where the smoked meat sandwich is a signature dish....it was very average. My advice would be come for the drinks and a decent atmosphere, but eat elsewhere.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Food was really good... we had the smoked sandwich plate with fries and cole slaw. Very good. Promptly served and our server was very friendly and warm welcoming. My only complaint was the noise level. we had stopped for an early dinner.. like 515 pm. It was raining so we could not eat outside...with that said there were a lot of people there for happy hour.. and it was a Friday on a holiday weekend.. I am assuming the groups of people were office mates.. The volume of human voices kept getting louder and louder as our meal went on. I don;t like places where I have to yell at people for a conversation..so we got out of there as soon as possible. They have low ceilings which I think made the situation worse. I would stop back for the food... it was amazing and the service was too.