Hotel Chez Swann
Orbitz.com
US$322
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hoteldouble showercroissantsperson showerinteresting decorbay windowglass walldowntown montrealadjacent restaurantpeel metro stationparking garagehardwood floorssmall hotelcontinental breakfastthird floorcrescent stlocation is fantastic
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I think a lot depends on the room you get. My room (301) was pretty good, however, the bathroom lacked. It had a huge shower, which was great. But there was NO counterspace around the sink area, which was very inconvenient. The room was clean and quiet. Service was very good, comp breakfast was very nice as well. For my purposes (only one night) it was great value. Super location. And I like the funky look!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Caledon_lass
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed here for six nights in the beginning of October while attending a conference at the Palais des Congres. The room was great, modern and stylishly furnished. It was really spacious and the bathroom was equally huge! Bed was really comfortable. The only slight problem I found at times was there wasn't enough lighting when trying to look at my clothes and the safe in the dark armoire. The walk to the conference centre was aapproximately 20 min which was nice in the mornings; a taxi cost around $7. It was located right by the great shopping and some great restaurants. I felt like i was right in the heart of Montreal. I had breakfast a couple of times in the hotel which was provided. It was a simple option of croissants, pain au chocolate and other pastries, juice and individually made coffee choices from a machine. Would have liked a yogurt/more healthy option especially when staying here for so many days my waistline wouldn't appreciated the pastries every morning! The staff were always very helpful. I felt really comfortable here, especially as a woman traveling alone. The hotel was on a slightly quieter street too which i think made it quite quiet. Overall the hotel and staff were fantastic and I had a great deal and stay. I would definitely come and stay here in the future and would recommend it to my friends and family. A great, funky, well located hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Chez Swann for two nights in mid-October. We would definitely stay there again. It is decorated in a modern style; great colours and overall decor. Not your usual hotel decor, much more funky but still comfortable. It is half a block off of St Catherine's street and is close to many restaurants, stores, and the Bell Centre. The hotel is in the same building as a great restaurant for the included breakfast (croissants!) and also for a drink or appetizer at night.

Room Tip: The third (top) floor has skylights in the room, something a little different than your usual hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The style of this place is reason enough for me to give this small hotel a 4 or 5 star rating, but what really stands out was the service I received, when I lost a critically important item for a presentation I was to give the next day. It was suspected that a new maid had started that week and she might have cleaned off my desk. The entire hotel staff searched high and low, through their stores, lost 'n found, closets and even the trash dumpster (they got out the yellow gloves). In the end, said item was recovered, and I was prepared for my presentation. This was above and beyond anything I could have expected or asked for.

Not to mention, the location is great (5 blocks from the convention center and 2 blocks from prime nightlife), the showers are cool, and the skyroof on my third floor room was huge. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jasonwisdom
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights on our first visit to Montreal earlier this month and could easily have stayed longer. Our room had two large double beds and a cute seating area. The bathroom was spacious with a walk-in wet room that had two separate showers. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast taken next door in the restaurant was perfect for getting a great start to a busy day!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family