“Fine food for Breakfast and Lunch”
Review of Le Passe Compose

Le Passe Compose
Ranked #647 of 5,925 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed 10 May 2017

The décor is interesting, the service friendly and efficient and the food is well presented and tasty. I have been to this place in December 2016 with friends for lunch. And this month I have been twice, onece for breakfast and once for lunch. All visits were pleasant and the food is very good.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Very friendly staff. Nice atmosphere. Super fresh breakfast selection, omlettes, waffles, eggs plus ham, great potatos, fruits, sausage, bacon, ...Big portions

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I've been coming to passe compose for years, since the old location. I traveled over 45 minutes in the subway to get my favorite omelet, the espana*. I despise eating eggs but when I do it's the only omelet that I eat and ever will. I do take out some ingredients... the chorizo and the spaghetti... I love it plain and simple with the cheeses and spinach. I know i am completely tarnishing the chefs recipe, but I love it that way. Sorry! They did change the menu compared to the old one but so glad they kept it. Love the little fruits on the side that you receive with your meal, & a little shot of a fruit smoothie that they give you. The pain dore is to die for! It does get extremely busy during weekends. My recommendation is to try to attend it on weekdays early morning 8:30 or after 1pm, where it's quieter. Love love the fact that they have a changing table in their washrooms for babies. Keep up the great work, the staff are really on point too! Yes it's a little pricey, but it is all worth it for the food you get, clean, fresh not frozen, unlike some breakfast restaurants. I recommend this spot whenever someone wants a great food!! PLEASE DONT CHANGE THE ESPANA or the pain dore!!

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Visited on a busy sunday. There was no hostess to take names for the wait list, no indication of how to proceed for the wait list. We waited 20 minutes with no indication, when someone skipped the line and took hold of a waitress to give her name while we had been waiting for much longer. People behind started to try to give their names and when we notified her that we had been waiting much longer, the waitress said nothing and continued taking names from behind us. The lack of respect from the people arriving after/behind us is one thing, but the lack of indication from the restaurant is another. We left after the incredile disrespect from that waitress. Very disapointed and will never return. There are tons of great brunch places nearby, simply go elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure of eating one of the most delicious brunch meals in years. Our server Melissa was a pure joy. She was attentive, informative, professional, and, most importantly, personable. This is definitely a must if you are in Montreal. We HIGHLY recommend the duck confit pouched eggs, served with Bloody Mary. Enjoy!