“Perfect way to end our trip!”
Review of Le Passe Compose

Le Passe Compose
Ranked #583 of 6,101 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We had done our research and planned to try Le Passé Compose but we didn't get to it until our last morning. We are so glad we fit it in, it lived up to the hype for sure. We had to wait in line for about 20 minutes, which is always a good sign. I can't even describe how amazing the food was. Picture perfect to boot, so good we didn't even take pictures before we dug in. I had the poached eggs with wild mushrooms and my husband had what seemed like everything. His had eggs, sausage bacon, toast, French toast, hash browns fruit, etc. Topped off with a grapefruit and orange mimosa. I'm glad we don't have a place like this at home because we would be broke and huge. A must try for sure.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of place most chefs dream of opening. A restaurant that approaches the culinary experience in a totally different way, combining tastes you would have never thought of putting together yourself - all in an amazingly artsy presentation.

Passé compose gets top points for originality, taste and serving sizes. Sure, you’ll have to wait a while to have a seat and it costs more than your average breakfast spot - but it is definitely worth it.

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Everything from the friendly staff to the perfect cappuccino and the out of the world food, was amazing from start to finish. The escargot grilled cheese and French toast are a must!!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Cute popular place very close to the Beaudry metro stop. Fresh and creative. Nice friendly staff. Small and popular so make a reservation. There are 10 seats at the bar. Not air conditioned so be careful on a hot day if you care. There is seating outside but no umbrellas. Very energetic vibe. All brunch items served with excellent varying fruit, a small smoothie and buttered roll. Sizable portions. Free WiFi

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Sunday brunch can be a hit or miss, but this place was fabulous. They had a good selection of items many of which have locally sourced products. Portions are enormous ( I didn't need to eat lunch that day). I had the waffles, which were delicious, albeit a tad too sweet for me. It was was large enough to share with my husband who shared his large plate of bacon and eggs with me.

Fortunately, we arrived before the Sunday rush crowd. It's a popular place, so plan accordingly.