“Super nice brunch”

Le Passe Compose
Ranked #598 of 6,244 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed October 26, 2017

I decided on Le Passé Composé because of good reviews on misc sites. We had a poached egg with wild mushrooms and a more traditional brunch (bacon and eggs). So good :)

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

If you haven't try a typical Quebecois / Canadian brunch you should try here. The breakfast are to die for. Be sure to get in before 9 am in the weekends if you don't want to take a line outside.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

First of all, their foie gras with poached eggs is divine. It is the best I ever had. But then we ordered the waffle, which is a huge let down. It is not resilient at all and too sweet. The worst I ever had. we also tried grilled cheese sandwich, which was too oily and we did not like. All in all, I will come back only for the foie gras with poached eggs.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We had done our research and planned to try Le Passé Compose but we didn't get to it until our last morning. We are so glad we fit it in, it lived up to the hype for sure. We had to wait in line for about 20 minutes, which is always a good sign. I can't even describe how amazing the food was. Picture perfect to boot, so good we didn't even take pictures before we dug in. I had the poached eggs with wild mushrooms and my husband had what seemed like everything. His had eggs, sausage bacon, toast, French toast, hash browns fruit, etc. Topped off with a grapefruit and orange mimosa. I'm glad we don't have a place like this at home because we would be broke and huge. A must try for sure.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of place most chefs dream of opening. A restaurant that approaches the culinary experience in a totally different way, combining tastes you would have never thought of putting together yourself - all in an amazingly artsy presentation.

Passé compose gets top points for originality, taste and serving sizes. Sure, you’ll have to wait a while to have a seat and it costs more than your average breakfast spot - but it is definitely worth it.